Our client is a leader in the electric utility business. They have an immediate need for an SAP Solution Architect / SAP EAM Linear Asset Consultant for a short six week assignment. This role can be done remotely from anywhere in Canada.
Functional location hierarchy blueprint for distribution and transmission linear assets including high level design, integration approach between SAP and Esri, data model, and technical roadmap.
• The IT SAP Solution Architect Level 1 develops solution architectures and high-level designs for IT projects and initiatives to support business operations in achieving our client’s organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum twelve (12) years of work experience as a lead consultant in at least six full cycles of implementation projects SAP solutions, not limited to SAP Enterprise Core Component or equivalent.
• Identify and understand business and system requirements using various techniques such as documentation analysis, requirements workshop, proof of concept, etc.; assess the suitability of SAP solutions to address the requirements by ensuring that the solutions are properly integrated with existing processes and technology; provide professional recommendations/options for implementing required system changes to ensure that the solutions and enhancements meet the business requirements.
• Develop conceptual designs and strategy that meet business requirements by collaborating with SAP solution leads and project leads to support business operations in achieving organizational objectives.
• Deliver high-quality solutions for SAP projects and initiatives by completing problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and design, implementation, testing, training, and solution deployment while following the client’s requirements, policies, and standards.
• Provide ongoing guidance to the projects’ detailed designs in alignment with the strategy by delivering insights during solution definition, proof of concept, and pilot deployments including producing testing plans, implementation scope and strategies, and efforts estimations to complete design guidelines, trade-offs, architectural evaluations, recommendations, and decisions.
• Identify, assess, and communicate risks, contingencies, issues, and mitigations; present feasible and sustainable solutions while adhering to industry standards and best practices for SAP implementation
• Contribute to assigned projects by delivering inputs and support to the client team and the consulting team as required while providing timely updates to the solution leads and project leaders on status, issues, and concerns to enable successful completion of projects safely, with quality, within budget, and on time.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field, an asset
• Certificate in Technical/Solutions Architecture, SysOps, or Development – Associate level, an asset,
• Professional level preferred
• Advanced skills in the following areas:
o SAP implementation from project initiation, build/configure/test, production system cutover, support, and closing
o SAP solutions
o SAP integrated systems
o SAP roadmap and industry best practices
• Good working knowledge of the utility industry, an asset
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Working with the client’s architects, SAP EAM and GIS teams, the consultant will deliver a blueprint for the functional location hierarchy for distribution and transmission linear assets. The blueprint will include
– high level hierarchy design/approach focusing on a selected subset of asset types
– conceptual and logical data models and integration patterns for SAP and ESRI for a selected group of assets
– technical implementation roadmap
– high-level process design for managing asset life cycle utilizing hierarchy data model
Linear Asset Management experience is a must.
This is a short assignment (4-6 weeks) of work to assist with a study for distribution & transmission linear assets & is very unlikely to be extended. There is a possibility they could be re-engaged in April 2021 onwards for further projects. As it is a short assignment, the manager needs a senior, seasoned Solution Architect exposed to high impact, complex initiatives for SAP Linear Asset Management using core SAP platforms & GIS systems.
1) Must have experience with SAP Linear Asset Management
2) Experience in asset heavy industries (eg. Utilities, transportation, telecom etc.)
3) Exposure to IBM Maximo or other Oracle ERPS is an asset but not required
4) Must be a SAP Solution Architect (not a functional consultant or developer).
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.