Our client who is a leader in the North American Energy market has an immediate need for an IT Business Analyst. This is a Twelve (12) month contract located at their head office in Calgary. The role will be remote until the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Requirements (Functional Decomp, as-is/to-be processes)
g and User Stories
Testing – Test casesBacklo
The candidate will be responsible for:
– Meeting with business SME’s to gather business requirements and understand business processes.
– Create and manage the backlog
– Document user stories according to definition of ready.
– Work collaboratively with technical team members to implement solution.
– Leading/facilitating meetings to elicit requirements and present/share ideas and findings.
– Creating test cases/scenarios and perform testing of solution with business SME’s and technical team.
– Creation of transition to support and user documentation.
– Active participation in sprint planning, scrums, sprint review or retrospective meetings
This will be a key measurable statistic at random times for Vendor Management’s Value for Dollar on a quarterly or semi-annual basis.
1. Business Functional Requirements
2. Scope Definition with Business
3. Creation and completion of user stories
4. Sign off for user stories by the business SME’s
5. Assist with system testing, business testing and test coordination
6. transition to support and user documentation
How this person contributes in the business plan
Implementation of these initiatives are integral to the technological advancement of our client’s internal systems. The successful implementation of these solutions will reduce internal complexity, improve efficiencies and provide them with a more modern and sustainable model for each of these areas.
• Proven track record of working on medium to large projects which have involved integration with existing systems and custom development.
• Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups.
• Excellent communication skills. Ability to interpret business SME requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
• Strong understanding of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, XP, or Lean)
• Ability to understand different technical implementations and the implications on the business requirements.
• Pro-active problem solver and collaborative team player.
• Ability to follow existing standards but be flexible enough to create ad-hoc workarounds, if required.
• Using their expertise to voice constructive opinions.
• Able to work independently to deliver results while also working collaboratively within a technical team to delivery high quality work.
• Manage expectations of business and core project team members.
Other skills deemed necessary
• Experience implementing custom developed solutions.
• Experience working in agile and DevOps type teams.
• Fundamental understanding of Azure Cloud technology
• Experience working with agile tools like JIRA, Azure DevOps etc..
• Experience in the Alberta oil and gas industry and/or regulatory environment
What is the one or two key essential skills that will make this person succeed
• Capable to manage workload and meet deliverables and raise issues appropriately.
• Open and honest discussions with excellent communication skills.
• Deliver good quality deliverables.
• A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Recognized BA Certification is preferred
• PROSCI certification would be an asset.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.