We are looking for an Collections Representative on behalf of our client in San Jose, CA a leader in waste/water treatment and chemicals.
Contract Duration: Until June 2021
Location: San Jose, CA
The Collections Representative will be responsible for the day-to-day management of customer accounts receivable balances and maintaining low past dues for a high transaction business. They will provide customer service regarding collection issues, process customer refunds, process, and review account adjustments, resolve client discrepancies, and short payments.
The position will be remote. The manager prefers local candidates.
- Process credit memo requests via workflow
- Manage high volume phone calls to assigned delinquent customers
- Reconcile customer disputes as they pertain to payment of outstanding balances
- Be comfortable with Internal and External customer interfaces
- Possess good organizational skills
- Be a strong and clear communicator via telephone and email
- Have the ability to manipulate and function in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams)
- Possess SAP knowledge
- Have strong attention to detail
- Possess knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures
- Have Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
- Be able to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Possess self-driven skill sets and be able to work without direct daily manager supervision
- Support business billing quality program and assist as required any billing quality disputes from customers.
- Identify process improvement opportunities in your work and the work of other individuals and functions.
- Maintain full confidentiality with customer information.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct Accounts Receivable collections experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of SAP experience in the SD or related modules or related ERP experience.
- Demonstrated to be a self-initiative starter.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Clear thinking & ability to effectively communicate.
- Influencing skills to get stakeholders towards a single goal.
- Effectively balance multiple initiatives.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player