Our client who is a leader in the North American Power and Energy market has an immediate need for an Infrastructure Solution Architect. This is an eleven (11) month contract located at their head office in Vancouver. The role will be remote until the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
The Solution Architect will work with our client’s technology teams, including support vendors on the Data Center Backup project.
The IT Solution Architect Level 2 develops solution architectures and high-level designs for multiple, high risk, medium to large scale technology projects and initiatives to support business operations in achieving organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum eight (8) years of work experience as a solution or enterprise architect on large technology projects or equivalent.
• Deliver innovative solution architectures for multiple, high risk, medium to large scale technology projects and initiatives by completing problem identification, system architecture definition, hardware/software specification and design, implementation, testing, training, and solution deployment to support business operations in achieving organizational objectives.
• Convert documented requirements both functional and non-functional into a solution architecture and design or validate that a vendor’s proposed solution architecture and design meet documented requirements, policies and standards.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
• Master’s degree in computer science or related field, an asset
• Certificate in Technical/Solutions Architecture, SysOps, or Development – Associate level, an asset, Professional level preferred
• Expert skills in implementing enterprise grade software and hardware solutions involving complex large-scale architectures
• Advanced skills in architecture and service delivery frameworks such as TOGAF and ITIL
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Role Specialty Infrastructure Architect
• A minimum nine (9) years of experience architecting solutions using one or more of the following infrastructure technologies.
o Microsoft enterprise architecture including Active Directory, System Center, Exchange, collaboration tools and Office 365.
o Data Center technology, including backup and recovery, server hardware, server operating systems (Windows Server 2016, IBM AIX, Redhat Linux), storage and VMWare server virtualization
o End user computing technology, including Microsoft Windows 10 and Citrix desktop virtualization tools.
o Enterprise Telephony and Customer Contact Center Technologies such as Avaya, and Cisco
Work Assignment Requirements:
Our client would like to implement a new backup solution that will meet the technical requirements of emerging and planned business solutions – per example:
– Backup SAP HANA and cloud-based solutions
– Scale solution to meet business needs
– Complete backups within required processing windows
– Reduce maintenance complexity and cost
– Reduce risk associated to cyber-security due to enhanced ransomware protection
– Detailed reporting to verify backup completion and failures
In addition to specialties, the Solution Architect must posses the following experience:
– Deep industry knowledge and understanding of implementation best practices of data centre backup solutions with reference to cloud-based solutions with a minimum of five years experience
– Thorough understanding of cyber security requirements as they relate to data centre backup solutions
The resource can start on a work from home basis due to COVID. The strong preference is for a candidate local to Vancouver but could be open to remote candidate in Canada for a rockstar.
Our client is currently in the definition phase of a project to implement a new data backup solution. The current solution is not performing well and the infrastructure is at end of life. This infrastructure solution architect will assist in a RFP to procure a new data centre backup solution and will act as a SME for data centre backup architecture, assist in working with external vendors & provide guidance throughout the RFP.
– Must be an expert/SME in data centre backup with demonstrated experience & understanding of data centre backup solutions and cloud solutions
– Must have experience in cyber security as it relates to data centre backup
– Must have experience as infrastructure architect in Microsoft stack.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.