Our client who is a leader in the North American Power and Energy market has an immediate need for an SAP WM / QM Functional Consultant. This is an eleven (11) month contract located at their office in Vancouver. The role will be remote until the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
The IT SAP Functional Consultant Level 2 provides solution leadership on SAP projects/initiatives to improve/expand SAP footprint, and performs operational activities including sustainment, maintenance, administration and training in specific areas of expertise of SAP functional modules and add-ons to contribute in achieving BC Hydro’s organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities:
• A minimum five (5) years of SAP experience including functional consultant role experience in:
• At least three (3) full cycles of SAP Implementation Projects, or
• One (1) full life cycle of SAP Implementation Project and three (3) years of SAP maintenance/upgrade/production support.
• Perform and lead sustainment/operational routine activities, serving as configuration/technical expert of SAP functional modules with a deep understanding of integration within SAP and other systems; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms; review solutions and provide quality assurance within his/her area of expertise; contribute to SAP project and work program delivery as needed.
• Manage business and system requirements gathering using various techniques such as documentation analysis, facilitating workshop, proof of concept, etc.; assess the suitability of SAP solutions to address the requirements by ensuring that the solutions are properly integrated with existing processes and technology; provide professional recommendations/options for implementing required system changes and other system improvements to ensure the solutions and enhancements meet business requirements.
• Configure SAP solution, understand relevant integration points within SAP ERP, other SAP components, and other systems that interface to SAP; design, review/QA, and support custom enhancement objects such as Reports, Interfaces, Conversion programs/tools, Forms, Workflow, User interfaces, and Security Roles; perform data query and analysis to support business as needed.
• Continuously improve quality of IT services by monitoring production environment, restoring production incidents timely, resolving production & non-production problems, implementing measures that reduce incidents and problems, providing appropriate and timely stakeholder communication and updates, supporting training activities, and adhering to IT management processes and policy.
• Be a steward in ensuring accuracy of solution documentation; perform relevant activities in delivering SAP solutions including authoring functional specifications, documenting configuration & designs, preparing & executing test scripts, supporting user training, and performing other relevant activities required according to client standards and industry leading practices.
• Take initiative to collaborate with other enterprise application team members, business, delivery vendors, and representatives from other projects to ensure that high quality work delivered according to standards.
• Provide ongoing professional guidance, advice, assistance, and expertise on SAP solutions to users/customers, project and sustainment teams
• Take ownership of all assigned activities and deliver them efficiently within budgeted amount of time and provide timely status updates.
Education and Skills:
• SAP relevant certificate or bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology, Commerce, or Business Administration
• Expertise in the specific SAP area of responsibility required by the client for the role
• SAP configuration skills including all relevant integration points within SAP solutions not limited to SAP ERP, and other systems
• Expert skills in designing custom reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancement, forms, workflow, and user interface
• Leadership skills in coordinating design and implementation activities with multiple stakeholders
• Implementation and support methodology for IT services
• Excellent Hydro/Utility business acumen and process design skills
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Knowledge of SAP utility industry and SAP cloud solutions, an asset
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Role Specialty Description:
• A minimum five (5) years and three (3) full lifecycles of consulting experience in SAP Warehouse Management
• A minimum three (3) years and two (2) full lifecycles of consulting experience in SAP Materials Management
• In depth configuration experience in Warehouse Management
Additional Education and Skills:
• Understanding of business analysis in Supply Chain Management areas
• Knowledge of MDG, QM and MM modules
• Understanding integration of WM Module with other modules such as MM, FI, CO, HCM, PM, etc.
• Understanding of SAP BW reporting in Logistics
• Good working knowledge of SAP tools such as LSMW, CATT, and ABAP Query
• Experience with WM and QM is preferable, but open to strong WM experience only.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.