Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Revenue, Senior Advisor for a 6 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Accountable for the monthly process for recording estimate and actual revenues for the UG contract market.
• Provide support for other team members within the Utility Revenue relating to the month-end close process.
• Lead the monthly reporting and analysis of the Company’s Distribution, Commodity, Transportation and Other revenue to be provided in support of business clients, Financial Planning and Analysis and the Controller‘s functions.
• Lead the preparation of the EGI Margin Analysis, with support from the members of the Utility Revenue and Cost of Gas teams.
• Support the preparation of the Utility Revenue Contract Market annual budget and monthly forecasts to be provided in support of the Financial Planning and Analysis team and business clients.
• Analyze, assess and make appropriate recommendations to enhance the integrity of processes that impact revenue and margin accounting and reporting.
• Support Regulatory initiatives / proceedings, including, but not limited to, annual deferral disposition, proceedings, rate applications (i.e. QRAM), Energy Conservation applications, Regulatory Reporting Requirements (RRR), including the preparation of evidence, supporting schedules and interrogatories
• Support business clients needs through the provision of regular reporting as well as responding to ad hoc requests.
• Support audit related request/requirements.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
• University degree required – preference for Business or related degree.
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in finance and/or accounting.
• Innovative and results oriented, coupled with ability to prioritize.
• Technically proficient, with an attention to detail.
• Analytical mindset.
• Team player with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships, while demonstrating a high level of cooperation and mutual respect.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with individuals at various level of the organization.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel user
• Curious by nature with a mindset for process improvement
• Experience with the following tools/applications: SAP, Oracle, BPC, Power BI
• Relevant experience working with a large company
• Relevant experience in the Energy/Utility sectors
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.