We are looking for 2-4 Lead Cost Analysts who are cost experts with strong leadership and communication skills. This is a one year contract to start, but could turn into multiple years if the fit is right.
Lead Cost Analyst
- Monitor Programmatic financial performance through ongoing reporting and maintenance of internal reports to track budget, actuals and forecast.
- Analyze financial program performance; identify budget variances, significant risks and recommend corrective actions.
- Monthly analysis and submission of budget forecast.
- Develop reports and reporting tools for Cost Analysis.
- Act as a highly technical resource to help staff work effectively and solve problems related to budget performance, contract management, capital projects etc.
- Contribute to project review meetings, as necessary, to monitor progress, identify problems, and initiate corrective actions.
- Recommend and implement improvement(s) to processes and tools where appropriate.
- Mentor, coach and support Cost Analysts in day to day work functions.
- Escalate and provide solutions to issues and problems
- Perform other duties as required
- Background and understanding of cost processes and procedures and how they apply to Capital Projects is required
- Must be self-motivated, self-directed, take initiative and be a team player
- Display a positive attitude and lead by example
- Knowledge of the interrelationships and roles of the organizational units; as well as, the interrelationships between work groups, external contractors, and consultants involved.
- Must have the ability to exercise tact, discretion and good judgment with confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, to facilitate effective communication to others.
- Must be familiar with all cost processes within PMC projects
- Must be able to coach and direct others with diplomacy, professionalism and compassion
- Strong understanding of Ecosys and the ability to train new hires in the tool
- Workday financial report knowledge is required
- 5 years of Demonstrated Leadership experience is preferred
- A minimum 10 years in a Cost Analyst role is required