On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Sr. Project Manager in Houston, TX
· Manage assigned core projects to predictably and competitively meet the scope, schedule, safety, environment, quality and financial objectives of each project.
· Accountable for the results of each project they lead.
· Establishing a safe, healthy work environment for employees and contractors by driving accountability for safety performance and by regularly reviewing and communicating policies, practices, expectations and positive reporting.
· Minimizing the environmental impact of project activities by driving accountability for environmental compliance and practices as well as role modelling personal environmental responsibility.
· Actively participating in development of the scope of work, schedule, costs and risks of assigned projects to ensure the project plan can be successfully executed, prior to transition to execution.
· Understanding and effectively using the project management systems and strong, disciplined project management practices to achieve positive scope, schedule, quality and cost results and manage and mitigate risks on each project.
Project Monitoring and Control
· Monitor and report on project progress.
· Actively monitoring the performance of each project, using key performance indicators, and taking the necessary actions to correct adverse situations or trends.
· Implement and manage changes when necessary to meet project objectives.
· Regularly reporting the project status to stakeholders and management, proactively escalating issues as needed.
· Staffing Project – Leading project teams by ensuring they are staffed and capable to meet the challenges and objectives of each project and removing barriers to success.
· Performance Monitoring – Ensuring performance of project team members is regularly shared and communicated with functional leaders.
· Lead quality assurance – Ensuring projects comply with Company standards, specifications, practices and procedures and to government regulations and codes by maintaining high standards of performance.
· Continuous Improvement – Identify process improvement opportunities and support change initiatives.
· Complexity/Problem Solving/Independence – Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
· Project Teams – Lead diverse project teams of professionals and support staff, in a strong matrix structure, who may be located in multiple locations.
· Project Dimensions – 1 to 10 Core Level 1, or Level 2 projects ranging from $200,000 to $50,000,000 and cumulative budget of $10,000,000 to $150,000,000.
· Operating Budget: $1,000,000 – $25,000,000
· Unbudgeted Operating: Decision-making authority up to $250,000 and provide recommendations to Manager for up to $1,000,000
· Unbudgeted Capital: Provide recommendations to Manager on decisions up to $200,000
· Approved Operational and Capital Expenditures: Decision-making authority up to $1,000,000 and provide recommendations to Manager on decisions up to $5,000,000
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· University degree, or related engineering, construction, operational or project management training and / or experience
· 10 years, or more, of progressively responsible related working experience in the pipeline industry, with 10 or more years related to project management.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· Strong working knowledge of project management methods and techniques, PMP certification or equivalent is a plus.
Strong leadership and management, including organizational and planning skills.
Lead meetings and set expectations for project team and stakeholders.
· Office environment with frequent travel to field locations (potentially during extreme weather conditions), regulatory agencies, customer offices and other Company offices.
· Time commitments often extend beyond normal working hours.
· Calm, quick decision making under intense conditions and making disciplined decisions in the face of uncertainty.