On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Planner/Scheduler in Houston TX
Looking for someone with professional level experience in Power BI, Primavera P6, SharePoint, and Excel with complex data analysis experience
This position will focus on providing planning and forecasting of current and future scope, data analysis, and creating, implementing, and maintaining software solutions as required for the department, consisting of:
· Creating, maintaining, modifying, and implementing new PowerBI and low code apps / reports and data collection.
· Project Planning – program planning ranging from one year to 10 years based on Sponsor (PI, FI) and stakeholder requirements.
· Schedule management – schedule monitoring/updating, reporting and variance analysis during the execution phase of projects.
· Analyzing department data, identifying gaps, recommending solutions, and creating and implementing new software systems, reports, and data warehousing.
· Improving the overall data management & information reporting systems within the department.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· 7+ years of experience as a data analyst, software engineer, and project engineering.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
· Adept at queries, report and procedure writing and presenting findings.
· Technical expertise regarding data models development, data mining, data warehousing and segmentation techniques.
· Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (MS PowerPivot, MS PowerView etc.), databases (excel, access, SQL etc.), programming (MS Visio), MS PowerBI, MS Power Apps or other low code apps.
· BS in Mathematics, Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, or Statistics.
· Advanced knowledge with MS Office 2010, 2013, and 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point) and MS SharePoint.
· Comprehensive understanding of MS Excel, MS PowerBI, MS Power Apps skills.
· Background in designing analytics portals / dashboards, metrics, and reports with various user interfaces.
· Possess excellent development skills across technologies with the ability to learn new software on-the-job.
· Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages (R is preferred / company application) for analyzing large datasets would be an asset.
· Data administration, integrity, management, and analysis for all aspects of the department’s data as required by management.
· Creation and / or implementation of new systems, reports, and data warehousing.
· Expectation to independently manage a multitude of data sources in a controlled and efficient manner and directly resolve issues, with minimal oversight.
· Responsible for data collection, compilation and management processes development and implementation; and
· Required to work on multiple requests concurrently and be able to prioritize and meet target service levels.