We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Technical Engineer/Design Team Lead
Resume Due Date: Wednesday September 9th 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Responsible for preparing/verifying design deliverables managed by the Engineering Change Control process.
- Investigate current station, system, component, conditions, familiarization with design requirements, constraints, and interfaces.
- Must have the ability to be able to apply innovation to design solutions while thinking top and bottom line and implementing those design solutions.
- The role also requires providing engineering oversight to qualified vendors that are responsible for delivering the design solutions.
- Review and analyze the design submission to confirm the quality as per CSA N28 and N299 programs.
- Lead vendor meetings and ensuring vendors are staying on the right path for design completion.
- Responsible for overseeing the design schedule while maintaining design quality and ensuring adequate escalation is exercised to get additional support where required.
The following is required:
- Knowledge of Fire Protection, Engineering and Economics to technically understand the operation of the facility.
- 2-10 years of experience in either Mechanical or Chemical Engineering disciplines
- Area of experience: mechanical design with interest in HVAC , process and equipment design and rotary equipment (pump and compressor) Heat Exchanger Design.
- Familiar with Codes and standards CSA N286, N286 ASME Section VIII, ASME B31.1 , TEMA, AMRI /ASHRAE, Hydraulic Institute, API and NFPA.
- Experience with preparing design requirements, revising engineering drawings, marking up change papers, preparing technical specifications, preparing detailed design packages, provision installation and commissioning support in field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.