As a member of our team you will provide project oversite for various capital projects, including the following: EDG Battery Chargers, CRD HVAC Replacement, Start Bus Internals Replacement, 6.9 kV ABB Breaker Replacement, Fire Detection System Replacement, CCW Pump Motor Excitation, IT Infrastructure Upgrade, Security Headend Replacement, Security UPS Battery Monitoring System Upgrade, Security Diesel Generator Control Upgrade, PIRT, CSST B Replacement, 161 KV Upgrade – North Dayton Project, USST Qualification.
- A Developing the Engineering Change and the coordination of all technical aspects of the Engineering Change throughout the Engineering Change process.
- Responsible Engineer is accountable for the design “cradle to grave”.
- Ensuring that interfaces with organizations external to Engineering are complete and design comments resolved.
- Ensuring key stakeholder/impact review comments have been appropriately incorporated into the Engineering Change.
- Determining the need, extent, and appropriate time for conducting walkdowns.
- Ensuring that any crucial elements of the change are incorporated into work orders correctly.
- Ensuring that post-modification testing requirements and acceptance criteria are specified to verify that affected systems, structures, and components perform as intended.
- Resolving technical issues that arise during Engineering Change implementation, including disposition and processing of Field Change Requests (FCRs) or revisions.
- Processing Advanced Work Authorization (AWA) Forms to authorize field work to commence concurrent with preparation of the Engineering Change where warranted. i
- Overall Engineering Change turnover to Operations and closeout in accordance with Utility-specific procedures.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or other related engineering discipline from an ABET accredited curriculum, plus appropriate continuing education.
- Several years of experience in electrical engineering design project work similar to that performed in a plant environment, including at least one year of experience in a nuclear organization.
- Licensed Professional Engineer is desirable. Membership in professional and technical societies is desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access and S-3 and S-4 medical qualifications when applicable.