Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Business Analyst / Process Analyst to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary.
Description of Work:
The Program Development team works with Sponsors and Program Execution Teams to stand-up new programs of work. Programs is a systematic approach to executing on work types that are repeatable and benefit from standardized processes to drive execution efficiency, schedule certainty and cost predictability (e.g., integrity digs, tank cleaning). The main deliverables associated with this position will be to provide general guidance to effectivity and efficiently design and roll-out new programs. While there will be a component of technology and systems work, this role is largely focused on processes, resourcing and ways of working. This role will collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams to develop effective solutions and ensure alignment and joint accountability for successful achievement of execution outcomes, including defining KPIs. This will be undertaken by providing recommendations based on comprehensive analysis to continuously improve business operations using approaches and tools such as Lean Six Sigma principles and lean initiatives.
- Leads, consults and participates in business process reviews of Program Work, including provision of recommendations for opportunities for improvement
- Develop future state recommendations and build implementation plans for optimizing business processes and ways of working
- Collect and analyze data to complete a current state analysis and optimize solutions. Create KPIs to measure effectiveness of standing up the program as well as effectiveness of program execution outcomes
- Identify implications and make recommendations for changes in processes and procedures as well as detail potential impacts on operational areas and resourcing requirements.
- Prepares and conducts presentations to, and/or facilitates decision-making for Programs leadership team.
- Document approach and provide general guidance to help ensure standing-up of programs becomes repeatable.
- Lead and/or support development and implementation of change management plans
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A related bachelor’s degree (i.e. Commerce, Business/Public Administration, Public Policy, Economics, Engineering).
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in process documentation, business process reviews, and reengineering techniques.
- Training, experience and knowledge in quality improvement tools, techniques and methodologies such as Lean and/or Six Sigma as well as experience with building and implementing change management plans.
- Lean Six Sigma and/or Business Analyst certification (IIBA) certifications preferred.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.