Our client, in one of Canada’s most progressive Midstream companies in Canada, and they have an immediate need for a Junior to Intermediate Commercial Services Analyst. This is a contract position for six (6) months with a very good chance of extension. This role would be located in the Calgary office once the pandemic restrictions are lifted.
The Daily Commercial Services Analyst position is responsible for ensuring the daily allocation of products is accurately measured and confirmed to the pipelines according to the customer business instructions and pipeline rules/deadlines. The analyst can make decisions which will affect the NRM customers’ business which could result in a financial impact to the customer.
• Ability to focus in hectic environments and under pressure
o Awareness of daily and month end deadlines
o Ability to prioritize/reprioritize duties and customer requests
• Attention to detail
o Accuracy of data entry and following processes
o Identifying trending or errors
o Tracking/documenting records
• Ability to manage numbers
o Easily works with excel pivot tables and formulas
• Excellent communication skills
o Ability to deal with challenging customers
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills but also able to work under self direction
• User set up and access maintenance for myQuorum Tips application
• Daily GMAS measurement validation for RGT/fuel and Plant meters and gas quality data
o Working with technical and SCADA team on troubleshooting issues which affect the volumes used for the producer allocations in TIPs
• Month end GMAS measurement close process to initiate month end allocations
• Gathering daily production volumes provided by field operators and plant volumes not available in GMAS,
o Discretion is used to estimate the volumes missing/outstanding
• Confirming volumes onto the appropriate pipeline according to customer commercial instructions and pipeline rules
• Monitoring and managing the difference between production and nominations on pipes to minimize differences by month end
• Ability to recognize when adjustments are required on the pipe and what the impact will be to customers’ business
• Ensure integrity of data in GMAS/Sightline, measurement policies, procedures and guidelines are adhered to
• Respond to information requests from internal & external customers
• Maintain and follow required daily and monthly process and procedures documentation, workstation manual and checklists
• May include assisting with projects
• Provide back up and support to other analysts as required
• On Call rotation 7 days/week (M-F 5:00 pm -9:00 pm, weekends 6:30 am-9:00 pm) typically once a month.
• Ideal candidate would have some technical training in oil and gas, including production accounting, Common Stream Operator, scheduling or measurement systems and be familiar with industry terminology and conversions
• Minimum of 3 years gas industry experience
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered for candidates eager to learn and are able to quickly apply new concepts.
Common stream experience is highly desired.
This is a customer facing role. Excellent people skills are a must.
Analytical focus. Experienced with Excel spreadsheets.
Understands natural gas measurement.
Pipeline data capture experience is a strong asset.
Needs to be very agile as the work environment is very fast paced.
Production accounting is nice to have but not required.
Pipeline experience, nominations, commercial business experience is highly desirable.
Pipeline scheduling experience is nice to have.
Field production understanding is a definite asset.
Needs to be able to do on call work. Once per month. Calls are taken till 9:00 PM some occasional weekend work.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.