Our client is one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada. They have an immediate need for an OpenWay Applications Support Specialist. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Vancouver, BC. The position will start out remote and move to the office when restrictions are lifted.
Perform operational routine sustainment activities in Advanced Metering Systems OpenWay team and support project initiatives as needed.
The IT Advanced Metering System (AMS) OpenWay App Support Specialist Level 1 monitors and maintains the OpenWay Collection Engine (OWCE) application and the Certicom Security Appliances (DKUS/SES) and supports implementation of related fixes, minor enhancements, and upgrades to enable business operations and projects in achieving organizational objectives.
Experience and Role Accountabilities
• A minimum two (2) years of IT production support and/or upgrade experience with enterprise application software or equivalent.
• Monitor and maintain daily OpenWay App operations and batch performance by performing routine sustainment activities such as troubleshooting issues, documenting root cause analysis, testing and applying bug fixes, and updating standard operating procedures to support multiple sustainment teams.
• Collaborate with the business, vendors, and team members to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve issues while providing timely status updates to the solution lead on all work requests.
Education and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or equivalent diploma/certification
• Excellent technical skills in troubleshooting and correcting issues in the following areas:
o Microsoft Windows Server OS 2008, 2012, and/or newer version, Remote Desktop Connection, Windows event viewer monitoring and error logging, batch file/PowerShell scripting
o Linux CentOS OS version 5 and/or newer, commonly used OS commands & basic shell scripting
o System resource monitoring (CPU, memory, disk, network utilization)
o Oracle 11g, 12c and newer database & PL/SQL queries
o Basic networking concepts
o SSH/Putty, FTP/SFTP applications, HTML/XML
o Test data preparation
o Data analysis and problem solving
• Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, and PowerPoint)
• Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
This team provide IT technical support for Advanced Metering Systems (the software programs that talk to smart meters in every home and business).
This resource will support ongoing operational and sustainment work. From time to time, there may be an opportunity to work on projects as they arise but is predominantly operations support. The team uses AMS Openway, which is a prepackaged software from iTron and runs on Windows servers and uses an Oracle database management system. The database itself runs in UNIX and security appliances run in Linux. This a 24/7 support environment for OpenWay and the resource will be required to work in an on call rotation which is rotated between the team. They are typically on call every few months.
The resource can work remotely to start while COVID is ongoing, will be required to work onsite once COVID restrictions are lifted. Will also need to come onsite at the start at the assignment for a little bit of training. Must be located in Vancouver.
– Must have 2+ years experience in IT technical support roles
– Must have experience in Windows Server environments (2008,2012)
– Must have experience in Oracle DB and be able to run PL/SQL queries
– Experience with Linux/Unix is an asset
– iTron or OpenWay experience is a huge asset (but is not required)
– Must be comfortable with operational support work and be willing to work on call as part of a rotation.
– You must be located in the Greater Vancouver area.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.