We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Operations, Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Resume Due Date: Thursday, February 11, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Participate in the operational review, validation, verification and approval processes for new or revised procedures.
- Provide expert technical input into the content of operations or maintenance procedures.
- Assess Technical Procedure Action Requests (TPARs) for completeness and work with TPAR initiator to ensure request meets standard and that the TPAR can be accepted or if necessary, rejected and submitted correctly.
- Check all relevant documents and verify accuracy of references.
- Assumes role of document owner during work flow from TPAR acceptance to issuance.
- Ensure accuracy of technical content and review comments.
- Work with Technical Writer following OPG governance and guidelines to ensure documents meet OPG standards.
- Attend stakeholder reviews.
- Meet all deliverables and documents assigned to them.
- Maintain an awareness of current plant operating conditions and professional competency.
- Keep abreast of changes to operational practices, plant technology and system modifications and equipment applications.
- Must be previously licensed as an Authorized Nuclear Operator, Control Room Shift Supervisor or Shift Manager.
- Requires good knowledge of nuclear station policies and principles, hazards and constraints, operation procedures and radiation protection procedures.
- Requires good knowledge of operating systems and equipment, regulations and guidelines and operational methods and techniques required to safely and efficiently operate a nuclear power facility in order to review and revise technical procedures.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills to prepare procedures, information to provide advice, guidance and technical expertise.
- Requires an aptitude for planning and work management skills.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired by being a previously licensed individual in any of the following positions, ANO, CRSS or Shift Manager.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with other work groups and a willingness to accept and respond to constructive criticism.
- Experience includes work practices and techniques associated with the operation and maintenance of nuclear plant facilities.
- A period of over 8 years is considered necessary to gain this experience.