Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Supply Chain Business Analyst to provide guidance on project management methodology and support with set-up, management and close phases of various Category projects and across Supply Chain This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Burnaby, British Columbia (Candidate can start on a work from home basis but may be required to attend onsite should COVID restrictions lift.)
The Supply Chain Business Analyst will be responsible for the successful completion of low to medium risk business process change or similar projects safely, with quality, within budget and on time by leading project teams and applying project management principles, by providing support to the PMO through helping to develop new processes and update current processes for category management and OE (operational excellence) in supply chain. Applicants who have blended experience in project management and business analysis will do well in this role.
- Plan, direct, and report on business process change or similar project activities by consistently monitoring project benefits, resources and status and creating documents such as project plans, action logs, communication plans, status reports and post implementation reviews so that the project is implemented as planned.
- Develop project plans and risk management plans for business process change or similar projects by identifying, analyzing, and monitoring risks for effective risk management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Complete project management activities including scoping, planning, managing, monitoring, and reporting on project tasks by using intermediate skills in Microsoft Office as well as project management programs to fulfill business needs.
- Maintain meaningful relationships with stakeholders through regular reporting and communication using excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills enabling timely progression of projects.
- Project manage various Category strategies and project work packages such as research, business engagement, change management, and business processes design and implementation.
- Provide guidance on project management methodology and support with set-up, management and close phases of various Category projects and across Supply Chain.
- Coordinate the development of procurement requirements for suppliers
- Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and teams such as legal, project delivery, regulatory, supply chain, engineering, and others to develop key documents including contract terms, amendments, and/or non-disclosure agreements to govern existing and future supplier activities in compliance with procurement standards.
- Work with the supplier community to negotiate and execute upon contract changes and/or non-disclosure agreements, including the planning and execution of associated market sounding and change management, as required to ensure BC Hydro compliance with procurement standards.
- Developing tools to track and report on Category project schedules and resourcing plans, and assisting PMO with overall project planning, tracking and reporting
- Developing planning parameters to assist with project and resource scheduling
- Working with Category Leads to estimate project resources
- Developing training and communication material on resource estimating and planning best practices
- Assisting with spend analysis reporting by leveraging existing tools to create reports
- Documenting business processes for Category Management framework
- Assisting with the development of PowerPoint presentations to report out on spend analysis, benefits, resources and other PMO functions
Required Education and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, Economics or related discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) designation, preferred
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project)
- Advanced English skills for professional environment, written and spoken
Must have Qualification:
- Must have 5+ years’ experience in project management role
- Must have experience with process analysis & business process reengineering.
- Must have advanced excel skills and excellent PowerPoint skills
- Experience on supply chain projects is an asset
- Experience as a business analyst is an asset
- PMP is an asset
- Candidate must be located in BC, preferable in Vancouver area.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.