Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for a Night Shift Construction Officer with experience as a construction site coordinator and inspector on medium civil, electrical, and/or mechanical projects. This is a contract position for seven (7) months located in Revelstoke, British Columbia. (no fly in/fly out).
The position involves site safety coordination, monitoring and documenting contractor progress, quality and contractual requirements on behalf of the owner and ensuring compliance with safety and environmental regulations and standards. Strong leadership, interpersonal and computer skills are a major asset. Experience with Industrial or Utility Lock Out procedures is preferred. Stator Rewind project for a generation station and will work nightshifts. Candidates are expected to work 10 hours per day from 7:00 pm to 5:00 am on an expected rotation of 8 days on, 6 days off.
The preferred applicant will have a trades background in industrial winding, electrical or mechanical installations and/or supervision, preferably in hydroelectricity and/or high voltage.
- Inspect construction work which may be on substations, transmission lines, and hydroelectric equipment by using excellent skills in inspection procedures and understanding of construction methods to meet deadlines and comply with building and safety codes.
- Ensure work site safety by prioritizing the safe execution of work and performing Safe Work Observations using excellent knowledge in safety standards and regulations to improve safety performance.
- Conduct or coordinate site testing, surveying, and estimating activities by using good working knowledge of engineering drawings to enable timely progression of projects. The potential working conditions may include adverse weather and working at heights or underground.
- Support contract and/or work order administration by collaborating with contractors and/or internal construction services to ensure that the work, materials, progress, and costs meet expectations so that projects are implemented as planned.
Must have Qualifications:
- Must have 4+ years of construction work experience.
- Diploma in Civil, Electrical, or Mechanical Technology from an Institute of Technology or relevant trades, apprenticeship courses, or equivalent
- Trades background in either industrial winding, electrical or mechanical for high voltage electricity projects
- Training in contract law
- Excellent working knowledge of safety standards and regulations such as Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Standards and WorkSafe Regulations
- Advanced English skills for a professional environment, written and spoken
- Must be either located in Revelstoke or willing to relocate to Revelstoke
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.