On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Field Cost Analyst in Houston, TX
Field Cost Analyst provides analysis and support to the project team related to the construction contract management, forecast and budget analysis, schedule review, reporting of incurred costs and earned value measurements using Cost Management System (CMS)
· Provide the project team with accurate and timely field cost information and reporting.
· Ensure contract Controls requirements are received timely and reviewed for accuracy.
· Perform earned value measurements for the managed contracts per the PMO standards.
· Vendor invoice reconciliation to LEM’s as assigned.
· Participate in update meetings in the field related to cost, schedule and progress.
· Assist in preparation of project(s) construction budgets and forecasts.
· Responsible for preparation of all field-initiated Service Release Orders (SROs) and field purchase orders (POs).
· Works with Contract Conformance Specialist and project team to ensure that prime construction contracts include the proper WBS account coding for work performed.
· Validate, code and process invoices, track ongoing costs, and maintain a cash flow forecast for prime construction contract(s) SROs and POs.
· Anticipate variances and report them to the Project Managers, Cost Analysts and Supervisors.
· Report accruals on weekly, monthly basis and/or quarterly, as applicable.
· Interpret complex schedules to derive cost implications.
· Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management.
· Proficient in SAP, Oracle, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint and Word with proven technical abilities.
· Experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over engineering, procurement, construction components on small to medium sized projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial and/or Power industries.
· Experience in using and enhancing cost controls tools and associated systems.
· Provide analysis and support for a portfolio of projects in the U.S and Canada with responsibility for overall reporting and performance analysis during the construction contract execution and processing of all field invoices through project closeout.
· Position may require overnight field trips with up to 25% business travel.