Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a ICS Infrastructure Analyst This is a contract position for one (1) year, to be based out of one of the offices along the pipeline such as Fort St. John, Kamloops or Savona, BC.
Description: You will be responsible for the reliability and stability for HMI workstations, network infrastructure along the Pipeline. Providing subject matter expertise supporting IT projects & operations projects. To ensure the system application and hardware reliability of HMI workstations, process data servers, & network devices connected to industrial control systems. This outcome is accomplished by providing Tier 2 &3 support. Perform troubleshooting & repair/replace activities for faulty control system server and workstation platforms & network components.Some of the aspects of these services will require an on-site presence & other aspects will be able to be performed remotely through control & corporate networks. The position is to be based out of one of the offices along the pipeline such as Fort St. John, Kamloops or Savona, BC
Maintenance and Support
- Provides control network workstation/server hardware specification, image management, lifecycle management, break-fix & troubleshooting.
- Supporting development implementation & managing preventative maintenance practices for operating system & hardware health.
- Ensure that the hardware is properly maintained & operating below any thresholds that might cause problems
- Identify & investigate areas that may require system solutions or improvements
- Ensure backups of critical control system network equipment are maintained & up to date
- Perform break-fix & troubleshooting lead support of control system Ethernet network workstation server platforms.
- Perform break-fix support of additional control system IT components (network control system application) as directed
- Ensure control systems are in compliance with specifications, policies, applicable industry standards, & vendor specific requirements for existing and new equipment as it pertains to cyber security
- Ensure standards & best practices in the delivery and maintenance of systems are followed
- Create & maintain up to date knowledge base documentation of the network topology at all compressor facilities including network diagrams, processes and procedures
Management of Change:
- Support for the development, implementation, integration, & compliance to “Management of Change” policies for equipment & software systems that is within the scope of the responsibilities of this role
- Ensure TIS model for Change Management is followed
- MOC owner role for Control System IT Components (as per MOC definitions)
- MOC active participant in all Control System related changes
Project Subject Matter Expert Support:
- Participate in Expansion & Maintenance Capital projects for all control system related projects
- Assist the project team with the building, testing and deployment of virtualized HMI solution to compressor & meter stations
- Experienced with operating in a test lab environment for stability testing of security patches, antivirus updates, application functional patches on HMI platforms
- Recommend preferred solutions with alternatives complete cost/benefit analysis
- Create project schedules/plans identify milestones in conjunction with business requirements
- Lead/participate, as a senior resource, in analysis, configuration, modifying, testing, implementation, documentation &training of system functionality
- Safety critical role – manages systems processes that impact the safety of others.
- Understand business priorities identify critical requirements understand the business that the systems support how data is used in daily business of operation of gas transmission
- Responsible for developing, maintaining streamlining processes
- Responsible for developing, maintaining adhering to controls affecting regulatory compliance
- Responsible for management, maintenance of all TIS assets in Gas Transmission
- Plan and prioritize activities of the team
- Identify appropriate TIS parties to involve when dealing with both new requirements & existing issues
- Collaborate/partner with technical business groups to provide overall solutions to ensure quality delivery
- Cross train on the TIS Control system support to understand Control system systems
- Engage with regional operations staff, Area Managers, Field Operators, TIS groups, Operations, Engineering & vendors in designing, implementing, maintaining control system IT cyber security requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- 10 years directly related work experience
- Previous SCADA/HMI , ICS experience
- Able to obtain safety certificates for operating sites/stations.
- Strong network administration skills
- Familiar with OPC, MODBUS, & DNP telemetry protocols, Windows server 2008/2012/2016, Windows XP/7/10; Data Historians, Thin Clients: Axiomtek DSP600 with HP monitors; HMI Applications: Proficy, Historian, RSLogix, GE PLC, Bently Nevada Vibration Controller and Allen Bradley PLC; knowledge Cisco routers & switches, RuggedCom/Brocade/Moxa and SEL switches, UPS/NAS systems
- 5 years experience Industrial Control System architecture, risk assessment change management processes
- 5 years experience Microsoft Enterprise environment & security architecture
- 3 years working knowledge of GE, Wonderware, Rockwell control system applications
- Knowledge of McAfee e-Policy Orchestrator
- Experience with Backup and Disaster and Recovery procedures
- Working knowledge of VMware tools and virtual environments
- COMPTia, Cisco or Microsoft server certifications will be considered an asset
- Technical support experience would be considered an asset
- Valid driver’s License