Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for an Accounting Analyst . This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Reporting to the Team Lead, Corporate Accounting, the Senior Analyst is responsible for the coordination, preparation, maintenance and analysis of the General Ledgers. This position is focused on supporting the accounting for the Canadian Corporate function’s monthly corporate accounting activities and includes preparing journal entries, maintaining schedules, completing account reconciliations and analysis. Identify, research and implement general ledger process improvements. Responding to ad hoc queries and analysis requirements in support of the financial reporting processes. This position is expected to work with significant independence on standard assignments.
- Prepare journal entries to record monthly transactions in a timely manner for the monthly general ledger (G/L) close processes;
- Prepare schedules related to expense amortizations, investment continuity, etc.;
- Record various transactional activities including treasury/finance, corporate operating and administrative expenses;
- Prepare monthly G/L account reconciliations, including treasury tie-in’s for wholly owned subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly variance analysis of corporate results;
- Provide ad hoc query support on various issues.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly financial information and internal variance analysis reporting
- Work closely with the Team Lead and Manager and other extended team members in identifying opportunities for process improvement to increase timeliness and efficiency;
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with Treasury, Tax, Consolidations, and Internal Reporting, as well as working with multiple contacts within the Business Units on a monthly basis;
- Provide hands on assistance to the internal and external auditors, including the collection and analysis of financial information and supporting documents requested by the auditors;
- Provide support for the Unify project, such as data validation of trial balances for uploading into the new Enterprise ERP system and updating journal entries, journal entry support and account reconciliation support;
- Administrative tasks as required.
Contacts – Working Relationships
- On a daily/monthly basis, interact will all Finance departments
- Risk Control
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.