We are looking for a Senior Project manager for new product introductions (NPI) to work in a cross functional team to deliver on business-critical product and objectives.
What you will do:
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for New Product Introductions (NPIs) and development projects to support growth of the business. In addition, this position is accountable for achieving quality objectives, creating/meeting development schedules and project budgets, as well as communicating program status and escalating issues when appropriate to facilitate transparency.
• Collaborate with program sponsors, cross-functional teams, and other assigned project resources to plan, develop, optimize, and execute scope, deliverables, resources, work plans, budgets, and schedules for new product introductions and R&D development projects.
• Lead and execute cross functional project teams on programs involving single use consumables/hardware systems, filtration and/or cost reduction projects with responsibility for timely completion within budget.
• Plan the project involving all sections and departments that are shareholders of the project.
• Drive and facilitate project work ensuring that necessary decisions to reach business objectives are made and effected.
• Analyze, manage, and optimize project plans, product/project risk, project budgets, and resources/task assignments.
• Effectively facilitate cross-functional decision making to deliver effective and timely results.
• Ensure compliance with all QMS requirements.
• Maintain organizational standards of quality and performance while ensuring compliance with Finance, Legal, Sourcing, EHS and other internal functional support processes.
• Suggest and drive best practice sharing, application of tools, change management.
• Be a mentor for team members and project management colleagues.
• Identify and share best practices, application of tools and ways of working for NPI product development.
Who you are:
• BS/MS Degree in mechanical/biomedical engineering discipline or equivalent
• Minimum of (7) years relevant project management experience, in addition to 5 years or more years in NPI product development/project leadership and execution driving/leading projects?
• Demonstrated leadership and mentoring of cross-functional project teams and an ability to drive project design plans to completion on time and within budget.
• Proven ability to lead collaborative global and cross-functional teams and relationships in a matrixed organization.
• Experience and thorough understanding of NPI product development stage gate frameworks in a regulated environment
• Proficient with project management principles (e.g., resource allocation, cost estimation, risks analysis) & project management tools and applications software to manage complex project timelines.
• Strong facilitation and negotiation skills for driving closure on product/program-related decisions/issues.
• Professional Project Management (e.g. certified by PMI®, Program Management Institute) preferred
• Experience in one or more: film processing, sterile single use products, bioprocessing, life science, and/or medical device as well as familiarity with ISO 13485.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Project Manager, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.