We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Project Lead
Resume Due Date: Thursday July 15th 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 2 years
- Responsible for the management and control of a specialized, complex project which typically address station production and safety issues, ensuring the achievement of employee accountability and ownership through effective project leadership.
- Undertake the organizing, coordinating and controlling of all stages of the project, including concept design, construction, installation, commissioning, system integration and field work.
- From time to time temporary support on shift may be required to support field work. Candidates must be willing to accommodate shift work when necessary.
- Provide leadership to project staff and create and maintain a work environment that motivates, supports and encourages staff to perform their assigned responsibilities in a professional, effective and efficient manner, consistent with the philosophy and goals of continuous quality improvement.
- Act as a coach and facilitator to create and sustain a supportive, team environment, actively working with staff to empower them to attain optimal work performance with a high level of personal responsibility and self-management.
- Coordinate the work of the project and provide consultative services on their problem areas.
- Prepare a strategic framework which identifies, defines and documents all issues that are important to the success of the designated project.
- Prepare project strategy documents which detail aspects of the project including goals/objectives, organization, scope, cost and schedule, and roles and responsibilities.
- Monitor project and report to Supervisor, at the project level.
- Ensure that all participants clearly understand the requirements, roles and scope of the project, thereby promoting the team-building process.
- Highlight areas of support, resources, and timeliness in order to ensure project success.
- Prepare the work breakdown structure to incorporate all work identified. Assign and set priorities for all work packages assigned.
- Prepare, monitor and control the Level 1 project schedule. Implement and administer scope change control. Support project estimates and manage cost control.
- Prepare and implement a Project Safety program to ensure safety is incorporated in all aspects of project.
- Prepare, implement and administer a project Quality Assurance (QA) program in compliance with overall station QA manual.
- Meet with consultants and contractors before and after contract awards to clarify the intent of such contracts.
- Provide consultative services to coordinate work assignments, team activities, logical relationships and to verify tool design/specifications.
- Prepare and present the vision of the project to senior staff from other departments within the division, typically cross-functional.
- Discuss concerns regarding design, method of operation and timeliness, where differences of opinion exist, influencing these contacts to adopt operational/technological changes to ensure project success.
- Maintain liaison with external groups, regulatory bodies and agencies and cooperate in exchanging engineering and other relevant data as required to meet the project objectives.
- Arrange and as appropriate, chair meetings involving groups concerned with a given project.
- Guide and direct discussions involving internal staff, contractors, manufacturers, suppliers and the like in an effort to efficiently and effectively meet the project objectives.
- Lead the application of quality principles to the work of the Unit through enhanced service and team approach.
- A period of over eight years, and up to ten years, is considered necessary to gain this experience;
- Knowledge of physics, engineering, mathematics and chemistry as related to design requirements stress, materials and total system performance for proposed major facilities and components;
- Knowledge of construction/installation methods as related to major installations;
- Knowledge of business processes to provide cost estimates and trends concerning generating station design, construction and commissioning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively prepare concise reports;
- Successful completion of a four year university education in engineering, or by having the equivalent lever of education;
- Experience in the design, development and operations of a nuclear generation facility to plan and develop engineered solutions and to evaluate/verify components and materials;
- Familiar with plant systems/processes involved in the design, construction, installation and commissioning associated with an industrial environment;
- Experience to appreciate manufacturing and supply techniques;
- Experience in project management to effectively schedule events and control project scope and cost;
- Experience to coordinate project staff efforts and that of other work groups to meet project objectives and to create and sustain a positive, team environment.