Our Client who plays a vital role in Alberta’s Energy Industry by ensuring public safety and the environment – and contributing to responsible, efficient and safe energy development has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager to take over in-flight projects including: Migration of OneStop Platform to Azure Cloud, Cloud Data Architecture and Analytics Program (4 streams), BI tool upgrade and GIS tool upgrade. This contract will be for a six (6) month term, with the possibility of extension. Due to COVID restrictions, remote work is available.
Senior Project Manager to take over in-flight projects including: Migration of OneStop Platform to Azure Cloud, Cloud Data Architecture and Analytics Program (4 streams), BI tool upgrade and GIS tool upgrade and other projects in BI and GIS technologies as the projects are completed.
- The Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the project team to achieve a high level of performance and quality. The PM will manage their projects following AER’s IT delivery methodology and engage/participate with the PM Center of Excellence.
- Manage their projects using the AER’s hybrid agile software delivery methodology
- Create and maintain project information (plans, scope, budget)
- Facilitate Sign off for key/critical documents.
- Provide updates to project governance, sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Track project KPI’s (Scope, schedule, budget and quality)
- Project Planning and Management – Lead the project team with Business SME’s to define project deliverables, estimates and schedule; organize and lead project status and SCRUM meetings; prepare and distribute weekly status and issue reports; manage risks, issues, and highlight resource constraints; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning.
- Project Leadership – Support senior management in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and project governance.
- Team Management – Ensure the core delivery team is working together towards project goals. Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leverage organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and leading team members.
- Process Management and Improvement – Adhere to hybrid agile delivery approach by managing the AER defined hybrid project management process while further champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for Agile Project Management
- Proven track record of working on medium to large projects with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability to manage business outcomes and stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups both technical and business.
- Excellent communication skills, pro-active problem solver and collaborative team player.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment.
- Able to work independently to deliver results while also working collaboratively within a technical team to delivery high quality work.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Experience delivering projects using Cloud Technologies (Microsoft Azure)
- Experience working with and managing third party vendors to implement enterprise wide solutions.
- Background or knowledge of oil and gas upstream activities or the regulatory work associated with these activities (industry experience)
- A bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Recognized PMP Certification is preferred.
- PROSCI certification would be an asset.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.