Our client, one of the largest electrical energy suppliers in Canada, has an immediate need for an SAP EAM Consultant with utility industry experience. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Vancouver, British Columbia. Due to COVID Restrictions client is open to candidates working remotely on this project.
The IT SAP Functional Consultant provides solution leadership on SAP projects/initiatives to improve/expand SAP footprint, and performs operational activities including sustainment, maintenance, administration and training in specific areas of expertise of SAP functional modules and add-ons to contribute in achieving organizational objectives.
- Perform and lead sustainment/operational routine activities, serving as configuration/technical expert of SAP functional modules with a deep understanding of integration within SAP and other systems; troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms; review solutions and provide quality assurance within his/her area of expertise; contribute to SAP project and work program delivery as needed.
- Manage business and system requirements gathering using various techniques such as documentation analysis, facilitating workshop, proof of concept, etc.; assess the suitability of SAP solutions to address the requirements by ensuring that the solutions are properly integrated with existing processes and technology; provide professional recommendations/options for implementing required system changes and other system improvements to ensure the solutions and enhancements
- Configure SAP solution, understand relevant integration points within SAP ERP, other SAP components, and other systems that interface to SAP; design, review/QA, and support custom enhancement objects such as Reports, Interfaces, Conversion programs/tools, Forms, Workflow, User interfaces, and Security Roles; perform data query and analysis to support business as needed.
- Continuously improve quality of IT services by monitoring production environment, restoring production incidents timely, resolving production & non-production problems, implementing measures that reduce incidents and problems, providing appropriate and timely stakeholder communication and updates, supporting training activities, and adhering to IT management processes and policy.
- Be a steward in ensuring accuracy of solution documentation; perform relevant activities in delivering SAP solutions including authoring functional specifications, documenting configuration & designs, preparing & executing test scripts, supporting user training, and performing other relevant activities required according to standards and industry leading practices.
- Take initiative to collaborate with other enterprise application team members, business, delivery vendors, and representatives from other projects to ensure that high quality work delivered according to standards.
- Provide ongoing professional guidance, advice, assistance, and expertise on SAP solutions to users/customers, project and sustainment teams, and leads with major and complex system operations to continuously build SAP capability at
- Take ownership of all assigned activities and deliver them efficiently within budgeted amount of time and provide timely status updates.
- In addition to hands on design and configuration, the role includes operational and project duties from monitoring production incidents to holding requirements gathering/design workshops. The successful candidate will be able to effectively provide expert advice on SAP EAM best practices in the utility industry.
- This SAP EAM/PM consultant will work in the operations team at and their work will primarily be operational, but they may work on projects as required.
Must have Experience:
- Must have utility industry experience.
- 7+ years’ experience of SAP implementation and support experience with the SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) or SAP Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) suite.
- Must have contributed to design and design input (not just implementing someone else’s design)
- Must have excellent communication skills (they will work with a team of consultants and stakeholders)
- Work experience on integration with GIS systems or linear assets is a significant asset and strongly preferred.
- 5 years of SAP experience including functional consultant role experience in:
- At least three (3) full cycles of SAP Implementation Projects, or
- One (1) full life cycle of SAP Implementation Project and three (3) years of SAP maintenance/upgrade/production support.
Required Education and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Computer Science, Information Technology, Commerce, or Business Administration or a SAP relevant certificate
- Expert Experience designing custom reports, interfaces, conversion, enhancement, forms, workflow, and user interface
- Leadership skills in coordinating design and implementation activities with multiple stakeholders
- Experience implementation and support methodology for IT services
- Excellent Hydro/Utility business acumen and process design skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of SAP utility industry and SAP cloud solutions, an asset
- Excellent communication skills for professional environment, written and spoken
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com