Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Project Controls Coordinator to Lead and coordinate development of overall Project Execution Plan for the Engineering and Construction capital project. This is a contract position for one (1) year located in Calgary, Alberta.
The Project Controls Coordinator (PCC) is responsible for development and implementation of project controls planning, integration of cost and schedule functions as well as quality control oversight of all project controls deliverables for Engineering and Construction capital projects. PCC: Assigned to projects of up to $25 MM/year with typically 1 year or less duration of routine to mid-level complexity. Senior PCC: Assigned to projects of up to $100 MM/year with typically 2 year or less duration of elevated complexity. Principal PCC: Assigned to projects of more than $100 MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
- Lead and coordinate development of overall Project Execution Plan.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of project controls deliverables including but limited to:
- Cost Report and Cost Variance Analysis
- Cash Flow Report and Variance Analysis
- Schedule Report and Schedule Variance Analysis
- Project Change Management Procedure
- Project Controls Plan
- Monthly Progress Report Integrating Cost Control and Scheduling functions into one seamless team.
- Defining Project Controls resource requirements for the project.
- Performing quality control on all project control deliverables for completeness and accuracy.
- Lead role in coordinating collection of deliverables for Phase Gate Review meetings according to the 6-Phase Project Lifecycle.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to project controls and project systems functional groups on actual experiences gained during implementation of new tools, processes or procedures.
Required Education / Certifications
- 10+ years PCC specific related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, in another technical discipline or industry PCC specific related
- Professional Engineer’s Registration (P.E.) is preferred
- Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred
- Ability to be effective within a matrix organizational structure;
- Specific knowledge and experience in scheduling and cost process and issues related to pipeline and plant facility projects;
- Familiarity with best management practices for project scheduling and cost control;
- Ability to understand and implement processes and practices for project scheduling and cost control;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with a reasonable level of supervision;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products; specifically Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server;
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.