Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution and generation of energy, has an immediate need for an Administrative Assistant to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for nine (9) months located in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Perform standard and advanced administrative and business operations duties for Manager(s).
- Provides analytical support within a functional organization.
- Prepares reports for use in business planning and analysis for assigned area.
- Works on a variety of issues and may exercise independent judgment and recommendations in selecting optimum reporting techniques.
- Develop and improve office management processes.
- Coordinate new hire and existing employee moves by establishing IT accounts, phone extensions, etc.
- Assists in the development of project plans.
- Works with project manager(s) to ensure the integrity and completeness of status reports.
- Coordinate meetings. Make travel and lodging arrangements as required.
- Maintain manager’s calendar and schedules.
- Screen calls, distribute mail, and update contact lists.
- Process expense reports, EMRs and order supplies.
- Process Purchase Orders.
- Create correspondence and maintain library of presentations.
- Coordinate and implement special projects and maintain confidential files.
- Attend staff meetings, TDR meetings and provide meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and manage vacation calendars and timecard reviews.
Must have Qualifications:
- 7 + years of experience with a strong administrative background
- Previous experience in the energy industry (Oil and Gas)
- Experience providing admin support at a Director Level
- Experience providing admin adhoc support to internal stakeholders up to 60 individuals
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Maximo exp would be an asset, but not required
- Ability to use initiative and good judgment, and work in a cooperative, timely and efficient manner
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.