Our oil and gas client in North York, ON is looking to hire a Engineering Analyst for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Understand client’s job codes and job types associated with repair work
• Understand the components that form the below grade facilities of the distribution network
• Determine which Work Orders were associated to gas escapes
• Using the comments and remarks from work order history, identify the component that failed, classify the failure mode
• Using Maximo and field notes verify that the failure is associated to the correct Asset number
• Create an accurate record for each failure event.
What you will need to succeed…
Must have skills:
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to read and comprehend technical documents, engineering drawings, and as-built construction drawings
• Technically inclined with ability to understand and solve problems by formulating conclusions based on various data inputs
• A high level of attention to detail
• Capable of quickly and independently learning new processes
• Strong sense of organization, initiative, and planning
• Technical writing capability
• Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and adoptability to new software platforms.
Nice to have skills:
• Knowledge of client Gas policy and procedures (preferred)
• Knowledge of client field notes and other installation records
• Knowledge of gas utility below grade facilities
• Knowledge of FMEA or similar methodology
• Knowledge of time dependent failure modes versus random failure events
– working from home until offices re-open, per provincial guidelines for the region
– expectation is for worker to be onsite
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.