Our client, a Canadian global leader in exploration, mine engineering, and environmental protection has an immediate need for a Mechanical Technologist to perform mechanical design work within the mining industry This is a contract position for seven (7) months. This role will start remotely with the potential to be based out of the Saskatoon office in the future.
- Perform mechanical design work using 3D modeling tools (AutoCad
- Plant 3D and 3D Point Cloud) to develop 3D models, 2D drawings on various projects
- Work with mechanical engineers in support of development of intelligent
- P&IDs, 3D modelling, piping and general arrangements, HVAC and other mechanical design drawings
- Develop BOMs and construction work packages
- Modeling, Navisworks, and AutoCAD in general.
- Working with CAD Standards & Procedures
- Process piping, pumping, equipment and layout design
- Occasional travel to project sites in Northern Saskatchewan may be required
Must Have Qualifications
- 4 to 9 years of intermediate experience in a similar role
- Mechanical designer with experience in 3D modelling in Autodesk
- Previous experience with Plant3D, working knowledge of CADWorx, Cloudworx, Jetstream 3D
- Experience with Modeling, Navisworks, and AutoCAD in general.
- Previous experience working with CAD Standards & Procedures preferred
- Experience with process piping, pumping, equipment and layout design,
- Experience with HVAC and building services required
- Valid Drivers License as occasional travel to project sites in Northern Saskatchewan may be required
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.