Our oil and gas client in Chatham, ON is looking to hire a Pipeline Integrity Engineer II for a 12 months contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
• Execute on threat management programs for assigned segments of the Client’s GDS system.
• Ensure pipeline Integrity Plans are complete for assigned segments.
• Contribute to the team objective of achieving safety targets including zero rupture and zero leak goals.
• Conduct pipeline integrity assessment and analysis for pipeline integrity threat management programs related to the Client’s GDS system, including but not limited to Corrosion, Crack, and Deformation Threat Management
• Assess pipelines for retrofits prior to in-line inspection, select inspection technologies and techniques, determine re-inspection frequency of pipelines
• Analyze data from Inline Inspection, Direct Assessment, Hydrotesting and Non-Destructive Examination (NDE) field results and determine actions such as required Integrity Digs and Repairs, as well as pipeline Fitness for Service
• Develop threat programs as assigned
• Support stakeholders on integrity matters
• Provide technical guidance to engineering interns and EITs
What you will need to succeed…..
Must have skills:
• University Degree in Engineering
• Four or more years of engineering experience
• Registered as a P. Eng in a Canadian jurisdiction or the ability to become licensed in Ontario immediately
• Valid class G drivers’ license and maintenance of a responsible driving record.
• Ability to think analytically and perform detailed analysis.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects at one time and meet defined timelines.
• Must be computer literate (familiarity with PC applications).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Ability to influence without authority.
• Organized and strategic thinker.
Nice to have skills:
• Mechanical, Civil, Geotechnical, Chemical engineering discipline.
• Knowledge of gas pipeline systems
• Knowledge of inline inspection technologies and methods and/or Direct Assessment methods
• Experience in pipeline integrity and familiarity with pipeline repair methods.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.