On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Cost Engineer/Analyst in Houston, TX
- This position will be responsible for providing “Total Cost Control” guidance, governance, and support functions on assigned projects for Authorization for Expenditure components (engineering, procurement, construction, project management, support groups, contingency, escalation, etc.).
- This position will report directly to Supervisor, Project Controls, Core Gas Projects.
- The primary responsibility for this position will be to support Cost Control.
- The position may also have a supporting role in Schedule Control and other Project Controls Specialist functions.
- The position is located in Houston in a mainly office environment with occasional travel to other offices or project sites in the United States and Canada.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Construction Management.
- Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE’s CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
- Proficient in SAP, EcoSys, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word with proven technical writing abilities.
- 10 years of experience in performing cost and schedule management and other project controls functions over-engineering, procurement, construction components on large capital projects, preferably in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial, and/or Power industries.
- Experience in developing, enhancing, and implementing cost and schedule standards.
- Experience in using and enhancing cost control tools and associated systems.
- Must be able to work with a team dispersed over multiple locations.
Duties / Technical Expertise – Cost Control:
- Provide support to the Project Manager, project team, and project cost control staff on how cost should be planned, tracked, measured, forecasted, and reported during project execution and/or development. Monthly review of cost/cash flow forecasts with the Project Manager and extended project team to generate regular reporting requirements.
- Provide timely, accurate, and relevant guidance, governance, and support to projects on approved cost controls standards to manage Authorization for Expenditure (AFE) components including External Engineering services, Procurement of Material/Equipment, Construction services, internal cost, Allowance for Funds Used During Construction, Contingency, Escalation, etc.
- Maintain cost and schedule planning, tracking, and reporting tools.
- Provide timely support to the Project Controls Supervisor for monthly review meetings with Senior Management.
- Possess a solid understanding and application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles and methodology to identify, analyze and report cost risks in a timely fashion.
- Monitor project reporting and identify deviations from standard reports.
- Assist project cost controls teams with timely and accurate data gathering and delivery issues.
- Participate and resolve any issues in the execution of joint Cost, Schedule, and Risk Health Checks to verify effective planning and implementation of cost processes.