On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Project Engineer in Houston, TX.
Duration: 12 Months Contract (possible extension)
Looking for someone with Natural Gas Design and Gas Compression or Gas Distribution experience
· Work with Stakeholders to prioritize Specification, Standards, Guidelines and Procedures for review and update.
· Review Specifications, Standards, Procedures, and Guidelines from all business units to find harmonization opportunities.
· Review and update High priority Natural Gas Design, Equipment and administrative Specifications, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
· Review and Update High priority Construction, Inspection, Testing and Safety Specifications, Standards, Procedures and Guidelines.
· Updates will involve a mix of writing document updates and managing a consulting firm.
· Manage the review of all updates with Stakeholders
· Work with an Engineering Firm to ensure specification updates comply with relevant and up-to-date codes and regulations.
· Work with an Engineering Firm to identify where specifications exceed industry standard or code requirements and evaluate opportunities for promoting commercial competitiveness and cost reductions without removing critical safety requirements
· Work with an Engineering Firm to identify and formulate recommendations on specification improvements to promote clear expectations and minimize the potential for misinterpretation and to ensure that Company Lessons Learned have been incorporated.
· Support the deployment of Organizational Change Management efforts as required, including:
– Communication of changes to leadership and end users within both the Projects organization and the business units
– Training end users
– Supporting activities to encourage adoption.