We are currently requesting resumes for the following position: Field Shift Operating Supervisor
Resume Due Date: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 (5:00PM EST)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Duration: 12 months
- Program, schedule, delegate and report on each unit’s operating field activities, according to the organization policies and methods, and in accordance with the plans covering shifts, so as to maximize production and minimize outage time without compromising worker safety, public safety or environmental protection.
- Interface with Integrated Planning groups on the progress of planned work and initiate corrective actions to keep work on schedule.
- Advise in the solution of work problems, and coordinate work with other groups.
- Prepare long-term objectives and programs for shift operating personnel to maintain or improve the level of performance in key areas such as human errors, personnel safety, radiation exposure, conventional safety, as well as, productivity, and staffing development. Ensure that adequate records are maintained, and that information is accurately and effectively carried over from one shift to the next.
- Ensure that identified operating experience lessons are communicated, implemented and incorporated into normal practices.
- Ensure that safety regulations, housekeeping standards, etc., are strictly observed.
- Carry out due diligence in the reading of controlled documentation, such as Operations Manuals, TPAR’s, Ops Memos, IPTE’s, etc., in order to keep up to date with new and current policies and procedures in order to align workforce with work programs, thereby ensuring safe production.
- Monitor performance, and develop and ensure staff is kept up-to-date with respect to required administrative and operating procedures, instructions and standards according to facility policy.
- Prepare performance development plans for assigned field operators. As part of the licensing obligation, develop, implement and maintain crew capability profiles.
- Maintain surveillance of all systems and equipment in the field for reliability and detection of faults, and initiate corrective action to preserve efficient operation of the facility in accordance with approved procedures.
- Assist the Shift Manager in identifying current and emerging operability concerns on systems, equipment and facilities. Identify a need for and provide recommendations for extra staff or staff rotation to the Shift Manager.
- Arrange for operators to perform tests to determine the location and nature of defects in the operating or non-operating systems.
- Supervise the investigation of malfunctions, and direct the required action(s) as per approved procedures. Ensure Station Condition Records (SCR) are prepared in accordance to procedures.
- Obtain assistance from maintenance groups to initiate appropriate corrective action to repair defective equipment. Monitor work performance in the field to ensure that all staff adhere to relevant regulations, approved operating and maintenance procedures, instructions and standards.
- Control application of permits to maintain effective production and protection of equipment and personnel.
- Arrange for the isolation and de-energization of the equipment and the provision of work protection with the authority of Manager.
- Authorize work areas to be cleared to allow proceedings approved by work permits. Ensure means of isolation are kept available, even if they have no immediate effect on operations.
- As directed/required, oversee and/or participate in the testing of equipment, which has been repaired and returned to service, and arrange for corrective action when results are not satisfactory.
- Maintain stewardship of assigned tools, work equipment and facilities. Ensure that the material condition for assigned equipment and areas are maintained to standards, and improvements are identified and actions are initiated.
- Ensure that established radiation protection procedures and personal safety regulations are adhered to by operating staff, including the approved limits of exposure to radiation, chemicals or noise.
- Closely monitor the radiation of all operators and others as assigned (i.e., trainees). Assist in the adjustment of working conditions of all personnel on shift to ensure that all personnel exposures are kept within approved limits. Apply established regulations and where interpretation of the regulations is required, consult with Manager.
- Conduct safety meetings and assist in safety training program(s) as required. Initiate and/or monitor crew drills for emergency crews, and the like.
- Prepare and/or review procedures and methods for the operational control of specific processes, systems and equipment within the department, such as Operating Policies and Procedures, as directed by Manager.
- Obtain and review available data in detail to become familiar with the operating facilities and conditions, including pertinent regulations and policies.
- Develop operating and testing procedures using operating techniques and methods, as required.
- Assist in assessing the effects of changes on operations due to modifications implemented.
- Monitor results of audits and self-assessments performed on shift crew. Prepare recommendations for Manager to facilitate improvements and efficiency of department operational operating experience.
- Maintain qualifications and carry out duties associated with the simulator along with authorized staff.
- Participate in the training of department personnel. Receive, through Manager, requests from authorized nuclear training personnel for services of same.
- Assist with operators’ training lessons as required, to check validity and completeness with respect to current trends and changing conditions.
- Provide or contribute to classroom dissertations, as requested, on subjects pertinent to field operations, and the preparation of equipment for maintenance.
- Oversee or participate in tests on