Do you want to work for one of the largest electrical utility companies in Illinois & Missouri? They are currently looking for an Electrical Designer to support their facility in St. Louis, MO (It’s remote for now). If you’re interested and qualified, we urge you to apply!
· Under indirect and intermittent supervision, to perform responsible work requiring ability to take independent action and make decisions, in preparing basic sketches, making calculations and formulating the designs for construction and rehabilitation projects for transmission substations, service buildings, and other Company transmission properties; and to do related work as required.
· Create or modify layout drawings, site plans, grading, foundations, steel, equipment, grounding and other civil/structural drawings on which no definite design has been established other than the basic engineering, and for which information may be supplied in the form of sketches, specifications or verbal instructions.
Qualifications (education, experience special skills):
· Satisfactory completion of an Associate’s Degree in in design drafting, computer aided drafting or other drafting technology at an accredited university, college or junior college.
· The candidate should possess skills to build parts and assemblies from Inventor for a 2D format; training skills to share knowledge of Inventor products with Standard Engineers.
· Ability to use and/or learn using large-format printers and scanners is required.
· Familiarity with electronic document management systems such as Autodesk Vault and SharePoint preferred.
· Provide CAD support as necessary to incorporate red/green line changes from standard marked-up into final design drawings.
· 2 to 4years of experience with AutoCAD and 1 to 2 years of Inventor experience required.