We are seeking a R & D Engineering Technician who will be responsible for small component soldering and expected to perform optical assembly and alignment for a 9+ month contract assignment in Santa Clara, CA
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Candidate must have experience and is skillful with PCB SMT component re-work.
· Be able to do wire bond, die attach, and small component soldering etc. Individual is expected to perform optical assembly and alignment related work. Training will be provided but prior experience is highly desirable.
· Ability to follow written direction and maintain a laboratory notebook.
· Excellent communication skills required.
· Must be computer literate, the CW will need to enter/record data at the minimum.
· Ability to set up, operate and maintain laboratory instruments, monitors experiment, makes observations, calculates and records results, and often develops conclusions.
· Must be familiar with basic scientific principles and has had some Laboratory experience, mainly optical alignment, good working with scope and fine objects, some basic computer skills.
Applicants with an HS Diploma will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.