Our Banking services client is hiring a Java Developer in New York City, NY for a 06 months contract.
Responsible for providing analytical and technical support on applications and projects based on operational, client and market requests.
· Perform research, analysis, design and implementation of IT projects in order to enhance competitive edge or reduce costs, liaising with project teams to provide estimates and to support system and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
· To provide support and maintain the various systems and ensure maximum availability for the business users. Assist in the preparation of functional and technical specifications including detailed research of report, file and software changes. Write system design and software specifications to documented standards
· Design and code system solutions to satisfy business requirements, to documented standards
· Maintain and enhance existing software, where necessary integrating in-house software solutions with those supplied by 3rd parties
· Develop and execute unit tests, verifying results against expectations
· Support integration, system and user acceptance testing and verification
· Provide third and final level production support on a 24-hour basis, as dictated by the needs of the business
· Investigate and resolve production problems
· Assist with the investigation and testing of changes caused by product change (e.g., new release)
Knowledge & Experience:
· 10+ years of relevant experience
· Ability to research, code, test, document and maintain software
· Understand and apply the Project Life Cycle to position responsibilities
Skills & Competencies:
· Eclipse or IntelliJ IDE
· Java 1.4 and 5
· Tomcat 4
· OOAD using Rational Software Architect
· Modelling relational databases
· Good problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to effectively communicate (written and orally) with clients, operations, staff and management
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Java Developer, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.