Our Banking client is currently looking for a Customer Support Executive in Minneapolis, MN. The project is currently due for 6 months and it is onsite.
This role is heavy on Customer Service and very light technical. A Proficient Help Desk technician acts as the first point of contact for technical support. Resolves basic technical problems via telephone and/or written correspondence or electronic media. May have to work on a help desk system or a problem management database. Required to maintain a log of actions and client communication. Escalates more complex problems or may provide support under general supervision. Communicates with customers and will possess a wide range of technical competency and communication skills.
• Provide an exceptional customer experience while multitasking through multiple technology systems.
• Assist clients with online registrations, passwords, access, navigation, tax downloads, and account settings.
• Troubleshoot, and when required, escalate website access and download issues.
· Providing support for all end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications, printers, etc.
· Support Windows 7; Peregrine tickets; HP Service Manager.
· Provide timely resolution of system/application problems as dispatched by the help desk through problem determination, ownership, root cause, problem logging and follow through to completion.
· Implement hot fixes, patches, updates (obtaining support from more senior Helpdesk staff, as needed).
· Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
· Read technical manuals, dialogue with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Certification, college degree or BA in Computer Technology or equivalent training
· 1-2 years’ experience in call centre or computer customer service
· Hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and break/fix of this equipment
· MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) – W2K stream or above – would be an asset
· MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) – would be an asset
Skills and Competencies:
• Knowledge and experience on call centre management system
• Knowledge of Windows XP/VISTA/2000 and LAN/WAN environment
• Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Blackberry, and MS Outlook
• Advanced knowledge of industry standard hardware/software
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and break/fix of applications and/or hardware
• Ability to read and comprehend specialized technical documentation, as required
• Ability to perform light manual labour, i.e., lifting monitors or PC’s
• Ability to handle multiple concurrent calls/tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal communication skills and documentation skills
• May have occasional evening and/or weekend work; rotating on-call after hours support
• Customer service orientation
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Able to correctly follow procedures and work independently to achieve results
• Organized, able to prioritize activities with strong time management
• Team player
Must Have Skills:
• Customer service, good working knowledge of how to work/navigate applications
Nice to Have Skills:
· financial experience
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you are a Customer Support executive, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.