On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Cost Control Analyst in Houston, TX
- This position will focus on providing analytics support regarding programmatic construction cost, progress, and monitoring
- Use Excel and Power BI to dig into large data sets to understand and communicate current situations as well as identifying trends in activity durations, costs, etc.
- Generate excel and Power BI dashboards to consolidate and report data
Here’s what you will do:
- Compilation of analytics and ad hoc reporting as required by project personnel.
- Interface with field and office personnel across the team to interpret data trends
- Conduct a critical analysis of project costs and budget.
- Review and record daily Labor, Equipment, and Material tickets (LEMS) for cost and man-hour information.
- Record, track and maintain all submissions related to cost, progress and change.
- Attend and participate in program and contractor update meetings.
- Active participant of the program team; works closely with Project Managers, Project Controls Advisors, Field Control Advisors, Field Control Analysts, and Cost Control associates
- Comply with all policies and procedures, including but not limited to: Safety, Integrity, Respect, and other applicable pieces of training.
Who you are:
- A University degree or related construction or operational training and/or experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Construction experience related to cost and scheduling controls of multi-discipline projects.
- Oil and Gas industry-related experience will be required, as the logic and sequencing of tasks are dependent upon this previous experience.
- General understanding of pipeline and terminal operations.
- High proficiency with MS Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Power BI experience required
- Software experience with MS Office Suite and Oracle or SAP.