On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Threat Analyst in Houston, TX
- The Threat Analyst is a mid-level position with 5-7 years of experience in delivering executive-level intelligence assessments and security management.
- The Threat Analyst will have international experiences and will have worked in an advisory role for a large organization whose portfolio has various business units/operational sections. Energy sector, government, and/or law enforcement experience is highly valued as well as experiences in managing/advising large-scale operations (providing intelligence reporting for private security/police/military).
- The role will primarily advise and assist in developing intelligence assessments, security briefings, and other risk-related products for the Enterprise Security program.
- This position will also work to assist the current Enterprise Security organization in managing and mitigating security risks with a focus on large demonstrations, protests, and civil unrest to minimize business impacts. The vendor will report directly to the Manager Enterprise Security Programs.
- Provide senior management level expertise on threat intelligence collection, analysis, daily / weekly intelligence reporting, and briefing; position required to be innovative and take lead to construct deliverables with minimal oversight
- Lead consultant on enhancing security threat identification, prevention, mitigation, and response; assist in building intelligence/threat identification and management capabilities
- Serve as a subject matter expert on threat intelligence product development, threat actors, common security industry practices, conducting risk and security assessments as well as developing quality assurance programs
- Assist in creating threat intelligence program; author content for threat intelligence standard and reporting; assist in developing, promulgating, evaluating, and implementing security deliverables, concepts, plans, and procedures; threat escalation planning as well as security severity matrix development
- Assess current security policies, configurations, and designs to generate gap analysis using industry standards and provide corresponding corrective action plans; provide project implementation reporting oversight
- Develops clear documentation and project artifacts related to requested work products
- Has specific knowledge and can advise on leading large teams/organizations and or supporting leadership as lead intelligence representative
- Assist in managing security risks to the organization, analyzing threats, responding to incidents, and continual improvement of security services
- Collaborate in building partnerships with stakeholders and assist in quickly creating and communicating key details to stakeholders; partnerships include liaison with local law enforcement, state, federal, and industry-related personnel
- Assist in managing crisis and incident response ensuring effective management, minimal disruption, and identifying lessons to continually improve responses
- Generate reports of security issues and use cases, communicating risks or issues as needed with a solution-oriented and trade-offs opportunities approach to constraints
- Advocate for internal and external customer experience providing solutions that are reliable and supportable
- Maintain an executive presence that demonstrates being self-motivated, responsible, conscientious, and detail-oriented