Full-Stack Developer (Senior)
As the world becomes increasingly stressful and change accelerates at an unprecedented pace, the toll on mental health has been significant, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, down, anxious, or depressed. We want to help.
Many people hesitate to seek therapeutic of psychological help because of stigma, misinformation or treatment is simply inaccessible. We want to change that.
Join us in our mission – preserving mental health and wellness, and making mental healthcare more accessible and affordable, so that everyone can live their happiest and healthiest life!
The Role: Full-Stack Developer
Our Product/Design/Engineering team plays a key role in our digitally delivered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy by working on both the front and back-end of our platform.
Because of our trajectory from start-up to public company, our development environment is unique, challenging, and rewarding. Rather than following a regular routine of work, you and the team will be responsive to different needs and priorities as they arise. Currently, our platform is operating well, but we are always looking to expand its scope and improve user experience. You’ll be a major part of that as you join our creative and flexible development team.
Because our process and projects vary from week to week, it is also critical that you’re able to manage deadlines and competing priorities. Being able to identify issues independently, take ownership and communicate transparently with the team will be a critical part of your success.
The best in this role will be engaged and creative problem solvers who enjoy a challenge. They will also be comfortable working in teams and independently.
An Overview of the Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to review interface and application design specifications, architecture, test plan, requirements, etc.
- Evaluate product implementation plans to maximize technical feasibility and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and reusable services
- Implement high quality, efficient code to deliver on business values
- Implement and maintain applications and CI/CD pipelines to automate distribution process
- Maintain knowledge and a keen understanding of client-oriented application design trends and best practices to assist in the implementation of new technological innovations in the MindBeacon platform and its applications
- Work in a cross-functional team to ensure delivery of MindBeacon platform services and MindBeacon applications
- Participate in design and code reviews
Why Work with MindBeacon:
- Coverage under our group benefits health plan
- Paid time off, including vacation and personal/family health days
- Regular All Company meetings to keep you informed, plus drop-in virtual Water Cooler chats to keep you connected
- Great employee programs for referrals and employee recognition
- Ability to work from home (ongoing)
One thing the whole team shares is our investment in making a positive impact for those in need of affordable and accessible mental healthcare. When you join our team, you’ll make a real difference for the people who use our service.
Another great reason to work here is our team; we value growth, development, and continuous learning, so you’ll never be stuck doing the same thing. Our management team values transparency and accountability; here, your opinions and concerns will be heard and appreciated.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- A minimum of 6+ years of experience with Node JS, and Express JS development
- High proficiency in Angular (or equivalent proficiency in React with ability to learn/work in Angular)
- Deep understanding and proficiency with information and data management theories; minimum 3 years’ database experience (experience with MongoBD would be an asset)
- Knowledge of modern engineering and coding design patterns such as SOA, DDD, microservices, circuit-breakers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build production level solution in any modern programming language
- Proficient understanding of both Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
What sets you apart from the crowd:
- Experience working with Azure, AWS, Google cloud platform is a strong asset
- Experience in Java and Golang
- Previous working experience in an agile, and/or growing start-up environment
- Experience with MongoBD
Founded in 2015, MindBeacon has developed a comprehensive digitally-based continuum of care through its BEACON digital platform. BEACON is a digital therapeutic solution built on years of experience and institutional knowledge.
Our platform is purpose-built to scale and has broad applicability for all Canadian adults. We are the recognized solution and have partnered with the Ontario government to provide free iCBT to all Ontarians as part of the provincial response to COVID-19 and thereafter.
For more information, please visit https://www.mindbeacon.com.
How to Apply
MindBeacon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, family or marital status, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other protected characteristic.