On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Cost Control Specialist in Houston, TX
Education / Experience:
· Post-secondary education
· Bachelors degree in financial discipline, engineering, or technical field.
· 7-10 years working experience, including 2+ years of relevant project experience.
· Must be a proven high performer, based on prior performance reviews.
· Completion of a Certified Cost Engineer (AACE’s CCC/ CCE) or Project Management Professional credential (PMP) is preferred.
· Assigned to projects of more than $50MM/year with multiyear duration with an extreme level of complexity.
· Expert understanding of best management practices for project control, forecasting and reporting.
· Proficient in the use of SAP Ability to design and implement processes for project cost control, identify gaps and correct where necessary.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal level of supervision Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
· Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
· Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations.
· Leads project teams.
· Demonstrated strong leadership skills/facilitation.
· Seen as a Project Controls expert across Major Projects department.
· Can troubleshoot specific controls issues and make applicable changes.
?High proficiency with Excel (V-Lookups, pivot tables, etc.