On behalf of one of North America’s largest natural gas distributors, we are looking for a Supply Chain Specialist in Houston, TX
Responsible for ensuring that Category Management has relevant and accurate data which serves as the foundation for recommendations that impact business decisions.
- Supporting Category Management in development of sourcing initiatives, including, but not limited to:
- Developing RFX packages;
- Creating custom scorecards;
- Compiling and evaluating proposals;
- Preparing award recommendations.
- Developing/tracking key performance indicators (KPIs);
- Supporting agreement amendments;
- Creating supplier-specific profiles;
- Supporting SRM meetings.
- Gathering and cleansing spend information;
- Collecting and compiling category-specific demand forecasts;
- Data gathering and preparation for supplier negotiations
- Respond Adhoc requests set by Supply Chain Category Manager Professional Services
- Researching and tracking current and emerging market intelligence (trends, indices, cause/effect, etc.);
- Analyzing supply markets establish available (current & future) market capacity and lead times;
- Profiling key supply market competitors;
- Creating should cost models specific categories.
- University degree in Finance, Business, Economics, SCM or related field
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with competency in MS Excel and economic modeling
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to manage concurrent initiatives and conflicting priorities
- Detail orientated, organized, pro-active and acts with a sense of urgency
- Understand SCM Category Management fundamentals
- Experience Years: 2 – 7
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Experience with SAP, Oracle, MERX, PowerBI, and Maxima plus