We are seeking a Procurement Manager who will be responsible for leading a Team of 5-10 Tactical Procurement Buyers to purchase materials and services in support of the Business Line requirements, in accordance with Procurement Purchasing Policy, Guidelines and Strategy, for a contract assignment available in Irvine, CA.
Our client is a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for the aerospace.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Leads Procurement process lean initiatives to improve team productivity, ownership, and accountability of Supplier Contract adherence, Inventory Management and Customer deliverables.
· Defines and monitors Tactical Purchasing and Supplier Metrics to ensure flawless execution to Project and Operational requirements.
· Manages and executes local negotiations per the Business Line’s Delegation of Authority spend parameters.
· Leads team in KPI adherence using LeanDNA (POs Place on time, Shortage Management, Open PO order Management) with team assigned suppliers.
· Will need to also support Management of Supplier transitions as well as also take on managing a small supplier base as well.
· Adheres to the Procurement Roles and Responsibilities as defined by Procurement Management;
· some examples listed below:
· Upon Contract execution by the Regional and/or Global Procurement Team is responsible to input into SAP the Contract requirements including Price, NRE, Inco Terms, and Payment Terms etc.
· Upon receipt of a Purchase Requisition from planning, ensure the accuracy of order, account number, project number, ship location, quantity, specification, requirements and terms and conditions.
· Transforms the Purchase requisition into a Supplier Purchase Orders
· Ensures Supplier Purchase Order acknowledgement and delivery commitment in support of Project schedule and requirements.
· Manages Purchase Order reschedules, cancellations, changes (specification,quantity,price)
· Manages subcontract and consigned inventories at suppliers.
· Expedites delivery of goods or services as required to meet demand requirements. Works with supporting organizations to quickly contain problems, identify root cause and implement permanent corrective actions as they arise.
· Attends all assigned program and readiness meetings to provide Material status and identify new requirements
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in field with 8-12+ years’ experience or Master’s degree in field with 6+ years’ experience
· 3 – 5 years of people leadership experience
· Demonstrated abilities to coach develop and mentor Team members.
· Proven leadership and experience in leading Supply Chain Oracle/SAP implementation projects.
· Ability to holding team members and colleagues accountable to departmental commitments.
· SAP Enterprise Resource Planning proficiency
· Proficient problem solving skills.
· Excellent time management and organizational skills as this position has high time demands and pressures and requires incumbent to effectively prioritize, juggle, and manage numerous projects, initiatives, problem-solving, and decision-making activities.
· Competent at using Microsoft Office management tools including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project programs as an integral part of day-to-day activity and l to perform analysis and report generation required to support management and decision-making activities.
Applicants with a Bachelors degree or higher will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.