We are seeking a Buyer who will be involved in the transactional procurement process of PR/PO (Procurement Requisition/Procurement Order). Also responsible for transforming a PR into a PO using the different elements coming from category buyers, in a timeframe (SLA) and to follow up the PO for a contract assignment available in Irvine, CA.
Our client is a multinational company that designs and builds electrical systems and provides services for aerospace.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Receiving procurement requests and verifying their conformity to operating methods.
· Transforming procurement requests into procurement orders.
· Managing purchasing order cancellation, rescheduling or PO information change (quantity, price).
· Make sure that suppliers acknowledge P.O. receipt and provide delivery commitment.
· Follow-up and expediting of Procurement orders.
· Ensuring accuracy of the order, GL account, or project number, ship to location, supplier information on Procurement order, and relevant notes/comments on the Procurement order document.
· Responsible for ensuring all Supplier Accounts Payable do not fall into past due status.
· Managing disputes and problem solution.
· Managing local negotiations within the DoA threshold.
· RFx management in e-ACQ under DoA.
· Prepare reports on Procurements, including cost analysis.
· Place all PR’s on time < 7 days aging
· Buyer Shortages – Enter daily all buyer shortages and recovery data specifically into LeanDNA, including: First PO Status, First PO Date, Enter first PO date into SAP “Promise Date”, Buyer PO’s “Past Due”, First PO Status, First PO Date, Enter first PO date into SAP “Promise Date”
· Attend IPT meetings
· Be prepared with your input that effects Past Due customer orders
· Lead actions to improve customer OTD processes on IPT Rail
· Accounts Payable – Daily actions
· Maintain aging for all suppliers assigned < 11 days
· Projects as assigned
· Provide weekly updates to SC Director/VP Procurement
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain, or business with 3-5+ years’ experience or Master’s degree in field with 4+ years’ experience
· Understanding of the in-flight entertainment and aerospace connectivity industry and of products’ lifecycles a plus
· Understanding of Make/Buy approaches and inputs as well as supplier risk assessment and mitigation planning
· Ability to capture the long term vision of a product or strategic objectives of a project and apply procurement expertise to aid in meeting the same
· Ability to make commitments and delivery what they promise
· Ability to work individually and as part of a team
· Bid and Program management competencies
· Ability to provide added value to product/project solutions through their experience and background
· Capability to manage by influence and to convince
· Open minded (listen, share ideas) and bring added value / capture innovation
· Capability to handle conflicts / problem resolution
· To be agile (adapt in a complex environment, multi-cultural aspect open)
· Excellent intercommunication in written and verbal formats in his environment
· Ability to prioritize tasks while meeting deadlines in high-pressure environment
· Develop network and team spirit
· Able to synthetize a global view of a complex problem
Applicants with a Bachelors degree or higher will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.