We are seeking a Data Center/ System Administrator who will be responsible for performing general server administration tasks, monitoring and optimizing system performance and reliability, operational workflow development, and managing enhancements/upgrades and providing various Ievels of support for a 6 month contract assignment available in Hillsboro, OR.
Our client is a leading global manufacturer of electronic semiconductor products that meet a variety of needs within the Commercial, Home, Intelligence, and Advanced Technology computing industries.
We at Ian Martin envision a world where everyone is connected in meaningful work and if you find great meaning in developing some of the most widely used products in the world, then we have the career path for you.
On a day to day basis your work will include:
· Develops and maintain system documentation for Iab/Data Center configuration and customizations.
· Designs, develops, and maintains custom templates and reports for performance and proof of concept testing.
· Provides application and server Ievel support for server environments and serve as the Subject Matter Expert for asset management system.
· Lead Technical efforts for software upgrade, patch updates, data migration, for server software.
· Apply configuration and tuning standards in accordance with Microsoft and Iinux recommendations and clients requirements.
· Develop and maintain system documentation for server/software configuration and customizations.
· Conduct system performance analysis and performance improvements in Collaboration with Architects, Engineers and Network Engineer to insure system efficiency.
To perform above tasks, you must have below skills:
· Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 Ievel support. Strong knowledge of – Virtualization Tecnology including – VMWare ESX(i), Citrix Administration Skills and Netscaler.
Minimum 3-5 years experience with Windows and IInux (UNIX) server administration including Active Directory, Domain Name Services and DHCP.
· Expertise in administration of IIS (Internet Information Server) and Apache Web Servers including installation, configuration, monitoring, upgrade and Web Application installation.
· Knowledge of computer diagnostics and installation, to include hardware/software troubleshooting and networking
· Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure related components such as running network cables, installing servers in equipment racks
· Familiarity with the operation and configuration of networking protocols, network interface card installation, switches , routers and similar components Ability to work in a fast paced environment and offer effective solutions under tight deadlines
· Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills
· Ability to work after hours support on a rotating schedule
· Must be capable of IIfting 1U and 2U rack mounted servers up to 40 pounds and familiar with the use of Rack Jacks and general data center safety procedures
Applicants with a High school diploma or above will be contacted by our team for a deeper level discussion about this role.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help.
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.