Our client, a Canadian multinational energy transportation company with a focus on the transportation, distribution, and generation of energy, has an immediate need for a Construction Planner to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for six (6) months located in Lloydminster, Saskatchewan
- Experienced with all phases and scope elements of pipeline projects.
- Person experienced pipeline contractor labour, material and equipment estimating and forecasting.
- Develop plans based on budget, schedule and available resource.
- Demonstrate high competency with Microsoft Project and knowledgeable with schedule interdependencies and critical path methodology.
- Demonstrate high competency with Microsoft Excel manipulating data and streamlining consistent and accurate report.
- Deliver daily reports and critique and validate bi-weekly contractor deliverables.
- Monitor and validate progress against plan.
- Working knowledge and capable of validating construction CPI and SPI.
- Deliver accurate and consistent productivity reports and actions.
- Monitor progress of construction and verifies progress payment certificates.
- Lead a multidiscipline team to ensure the pipeline project is constructed in a cost effective and efficient manner in accordance to the governing code, corporate specifications, best practices & regulatory requirements
- Monitor contractors compliance to HSE regulations to ensure consistency with Operational Integrity Management System elements
- Ensure all construction contractors, and other third parties construction activities are performed and meet contractual requirements and obligations while adhering to all applicable policies, procedures and safe work practices
- Ensure compliance to drawings, codes and ITPs
- Facilitates coordination between Contractors and CMT and other entities (C and SU/Operations/Drilling and Completions etc.)
- Participates in and supports System Completion process (Walk Downs, Inspections, Testing)
- Verifies and authorizes cost reimbursable activities of the Contractors for approved change requests
- Graduate of an applicable technical diploma program, and/or combination of education and relevant experience
- 5-7 years Supervisory experience in heavy industrial oil & gas construction project management
- 5-7 years’ experience in large diameter pipeline construction and operation of gas and oil production facilities/pipelines
- Ability to read and understand construction documents including contracts, drawings, specifications, subcontracts
- Familiarity with relevant construction codes, standards, and practices
- Computer knowledge through effective use of a personal computer including Microsoft Office applications
- Valid Drivers License
- Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of co-workers, clients, and other external contacts.
- Must be able to manage many tasks simultaneously and be able to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be regarded as a team player as well as a goal-oriented individual who functions with the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Relevant designations are a requirement to apply.
- Owner and Contractor experience is required.
- In addition to HSE, the quality inspection background will be weighted heavily
- This project will be at Onion Lake, Saskatchewan
- Candidates must be able to work a rotation of 6&1 (12-hour days)
- Travel required/allowances per Company Guidelines
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.