Our client, the third largest producer of Canadian oil and natural gas and the second largest refiner and upgrader with extensive midstream and downstream infrastructure, has an immediate need for a Settlement Analyst to collaborate with business stakeholders and execution teams. This is a contract position for three (3) months located in Calgary, Alberta.
Working with Commodity Accounting groups, Trading/Scheduling, Risk, and Marketing. The Settlement Analyst will be part of the Accounting and Finance organization and support asphalt and Industrial products business.
- Participate in daily and monthly settlement process including settling volume/price discrepancies the customers
- Ability to comprehend process automation
- Execute processes and procedures to comply with monthly financial statement close deadlines
- Ability to comprehend process automation and integration
- Manage AR balances and cash applications for assigned customers Subsequent follow-up and cash applications for assigned customers Perform retro-activity analysis of related estimate to actuals
- Track and maintain prepay/early pay activities for assigned customers
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Logistics, Corporate Accounting to ensure cashflow met
- Perform ad-hoc analyses as requested by management
- Perform tasks to ensure SOX requirements are met
- Minimum 2-5 years of progressive, related experience
- Bachelors degree in accounting or Business-related degree required
- Analytic and data analysis skills required
- Must be able to work overtime during key periods
- Highly detailed oriented
- Progressive knowledge of Microsoft Office
Nice to have qualifications
- SAP experience or Allegro ETRM preferred but not required
If you’re a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.