Our oil and gas client in Chatham/North York looking to hire a Permit Agent for a 12-month contract role with possibility of extension.
What you will be doing…
· Accountable for the negotiation, application and acquisition of permits such as MTO, Conservation Authorities, Railways, Pipeline crossing agreements, Municipal consent, building permits, demolition permits etc. for integrity, growth & maintenance projects.
· collaborative team player that is flexible and has excellent communication skills.
· Ability to manage numerous high-risk projects at one time.
What you will need to succeed…
Must Have Skills:
· 5 years’ experience in the Site Plan Application process including environmental planning and permitting for pipelines, routing/siting, project management, and environmental compliance.
· Working knowledge of Conservation Authority regulations and Ontario Water Resources act regulations.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent organization skills and positive professional performing highly independent, technical and coordination work.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate and interact effectively in a team environment.
· Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
· Valid driver’s license.
· Planning experience, legal knowledge with respect to permit acquisitions
· Previous utility, natural gas pipeline or construction experiences an asset.
Looking for Meaningful Work? We can help!
If you are a technical professional, you know that it can be difficult to find fulfilling work that advances your career. At the Ian Martin Group, we exist to connect professionals like you with meaningful work at industry-leading companies in your field. And we walk the walk, too: as a Certified B Corporation, we believe in using business as a force for good for people, our communities, and the environment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.