· Ancaster/Hamilton, Ontario (work remotely until “hybrid back in the office” plan is initiated)
· Full-time, permanent position
· Great company work culture, committed to fostering an environment that provides professional development, growth and autonomy
We’re Ian Martin Group, and we’ve joined forces with a professional accounting firm, specializing in the needs of small and medium privately held businesses. Operating across Hamilton, Halton and Niagara, they have been helping their valued clients achieve their financial goals for over 40 years.
We are searching the market for a Controller who consistently demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and professionalism. This position is ideal for a candidate who has experience with professional services and is highly proactive, organized and efficient.
Reporting directly to the partnership, the Controller is responsible for managing the overall financial operations of the firm, and will provide timely and accurate information, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparation of financial reports.
Role & Responsibilities
· Managing the accounting operations including the journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and statutory reporting
· Establishing and monitoring internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and firm policies and procedures
· Preparing, analyzing, and presenting monthly, quarterly, and annual operating results
· Ensuring rapid and consistent collection of receivables
· Working with the partnership to define, measure, analyze, improve, and control current processes which impact client quality and influence internal operating efficiency
· Utilizing strategic analysis to drive improved decision making
The best in this role will bring more than just strong financial skills and experience. They will be a highly motivated and a self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others. They must be detail-oriented, have excellent communication skills, and have the ability to clearly convey complex financial information in a manner that makes sense.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working Monday to Friday, during core business hours. They offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. You will also receive a comprehensive benefits package, vacation, and a laptop. During the pandemic, you will work remotely until a “hybrid back in the office” plan is initiated.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related discipline and CPA designation required
· Extensive experience and knowledge of all aspects of corporate accounting/financial management
· Past experience monitoring internal controls, managing journal entries, payroll, AR/AP, and statutory reporting
· Thorough knowledge of all relevant Federal, Provincial, and local requirements regarding financial records and profit sharing is essential
· Extensive experience with budget preparation and strong knowledge of analysis techniques
· Well honed critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning skills
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to