Senior Executive Assistant
· Based in beautiful Victoria, BC (potential to relocate)
· Full-time permanent position
· Competitive salary range ($90,000 – $110,000) plus comprehensive benefits
· Opportunity to work for a high-profile leader in the biohacking community, with a team of passionate people dedicated to improving lives
As a seasoned, senior-level Executive Assistant, you know exactly what it takes to support a senior leader effectively.
You are a forward-thinking and confident career EA, who understands that an executive’s success requires a focus on removing friction by anticipating needs, understanding priorities, and communicating proactively.
If you’re in search of an exciting and fast-paced opportunity in which your strong work ethic, integrity, and sense of urgency will be exceptionally valued, look no further.
Who are we?
Our client is an established group of companies operating in Canada and the U.S., with an agile, start-up mindset and a passion for improving the lives of others through science and technology. Their CEO is a high-profile dynamic leader, looking for an Executive Assistant who will thrive on the challenge of keeping up with his creativity and enthusiasm.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Senior Executive Assistant, you will provide critical day-to-day business and personal support to the CEO with an aim toward optimizing operational efficiency. Working with stakeholders across multiple business entities, you will support business objectives through respectful, constructive, and energetic collaboration.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Manage and organize email daily, prioritizing critical items and personally attending to or delegating tasks, as needed
- Accept or decline calls and meeting invitations, as appropriate
- Assist with setting personal appointments, sending cards or gifts, and managing downtime
- Participate in and provide technical support for conference calls, as required
- Attend in-person meetings with and without the CEO, as required
- Organize travel arrangements, including document preparation and management of check-ins, as well as all flight, hotel, and car service bookings in advance of travel
- Identify and connect with strategic business partners, while professionally building and maintaining collaborative relationships
- Provide project management leadership and support for events and contracts
- Prepare and edit reports and presentations for use in email outreach, calls, and meetings
- Provide payables and receivables administrative support, including AP invoice processing for signature, preparation of AR invoices for approval, scanning and organizing receipts, maintaining administrative files for insurance, taxes, and other legal documents, and tracking renewal dates
- Manage, place, and track online orders (e.g. Amazon)
Bringing with them a high degree of integrity, combined with good humor, confidence, and passion for health, the best person for this role will be able to thrive under pressure to seamlessly handle the many moving parts of the CEO’s schedule and priorities.
This is an exciting, challenging, and extremely rewarding opportunity for a motivated and experienced Executive Assistant looking to take their skills and experience to a company making an incredibly meaningful impact for people across the world. If you’re intrigued, then we want to meet you.
This full-time, permanent position is based in Victoria, BC, with an expectation to work both remotely and onsite from multiple locations, including from a professional home office. Flexibility with working hours is needed, including seasonal and special event travel to locations in both Canada and the U.S.
Ideally, you will be based out of the Victoria, BC area or be willing to commute, though we are open to meeting exceptional candidates who may be need to relocate.
What you’ll bring
- 5 to 10+ years’ senior executive assistant work experience, with a minimum 3 years’ reporting directly to the President or CEO
- A valid Canadian passport and experience with U.S. travel processes and requirements are essential
- A valid driver’s license and reliable personal vehicle for all local travel
- High level of proficiency with core MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Confident with a variety of video and audio communications platforms and associated applications, including Zoom, MS Teams, WhatsApp, and other digital messaging and file sharing
- Proven experience managing projects and leading the organization of events
- Strong organization and communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Creative problem-solving skills, while working in an innovative and dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks while working independently and with utmost discretion
- Skilled at effectively managing multiple projects and tasks with competing deadlines
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.