Senior Engineer – Product Verification and Validation
· Waterloo, ON
· Full-time permanent position
· Competitive salary range
· Opportunity to work with leading-edge company, and bring your passion for sustainability to work
Who are you?
You’re an experienced Product Verification and Validation Engineer with a passion for sustainability and interest in clean energy.
You’re ready to take the next step in your career, with an innovative and fast-growing company dedicated to providing the world with greener, cleaner options.
If this sounds like you, we want to meet you.
Who is the employer?
Our client is a clean energy innovation company, who specialize in the electrification of equipment, designing and manufacturing electric vehicle drive systems for e-bikes, e-motorcycles, e-scooters, golf cars, outdoor power equipment, and electric utility vehicles.
They are a team of talented, passionate people, at the forefront of innovation. And now they’re looking for you: their new Senior Engineer – Product Verification and Validation.
What you’ll be doing
As the new Senior Engineer – Product Verification and Validation, you will lead a small team and directly contribute to the development and management of the Product Validation and Verification process. You will develop and lead DVP&R (design verification plans and reports) and assistance and leadership during product testing.
This position is very hands on and will require you to lead a small team and work in the test facility developing and coordinating verification programs alongside other staff, Senior Design Engineers and Test Engineers. Your work will be critical to ensure our designs are ready for production.
Practically speaking you will:
- Develop and supply technical procedures and specification to other groups as required. These groups would include Design, Tooling, Sourcing, Testing, Manufacturing Engineering, Hardware Design, Software Design, Tech Service.
- Maintain critical documents and plans including DVP&R, calibrations, and certifications.
- Maintain specifications and documentation around the creation of end of line test devices for electrical products that we design.
- Document and present technical information which then will become guidelines and best practices for product development and approval.
- Helps develop innovation/ prototype test plans with Testing Personnel and Engineering Staff.
- Works with other groups – Manufacturing Engineers, Tooling, Sourcing on DFM/DFA of components and assemblies.
- May lead and facilitate FMEA’s for product development and management. To ensure that correct product verification occurs.
- Coordinate complex and multi-disciplined test method development to support engineering, testing, and research projects from design to implementation.
- Develop new ways to verify designs and validate products.
- Investigate problems and requirements of assigned projects and develops plans for solutions in line with established project objectives.
- Develop innovative technology concepts into prototypes and test pieces to determine viability.
- Mentor other team members on product standard methods and procedures.
- Work closely with reliability engineers to set reliability targets and test methods.
- Manage and facilitate the publication and updates of test methods and procedures.
- Map detailed product verification and validation processes to demonstrate and organize product verification tasks on time.
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated, experienced engineer with experience in both electrical and mechanical testing and validation. This role will require you to exercise strong judgement, critical thinking, and leadership skills. If this sounds like you and you are excited by the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful and impactful way in an innovative company, then we want to meet you.
This is a full-time permanent position based in Waterloo, ON. Along with a highly competitive salary, you’ll be eligible for company-paid benefits which include a health spending account and flexible hours.
What you’ll bring
o 10+ years of relevant experience in product verification and validation, with proven track record of experience designing and leading complete DVP&R plans
o Mix of mechanical and electrical experience required
o Experience with motors, controllers, integrated circuit boards, mechanical assemblies, enclosures
o Ability to perform engineering calculations and to use and understand engineering state of the art verification tools. (Circuit Probes, Oscilloscopes, modeling software, mechanical tools measurement tools)
o People leadership experience (e.g. as a team lead, supervisor, manager, etc.), with an interest and desire in being a mentor and guide to others
o Quality background (e.g., Six Sigma, Green Belt, Black Belt, etc.) would be an asset
o Experience from the automotive industry would be a definite asset
o Post-secondary education in mechanical or electrical engineering
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At Ian Martin, we connect people with meaningful work. We work with people like you for similar technical roles. If you apply, be sure to create a profile with us. That way, great technical jobs will come to you before they even get to the job boards.